F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

boost/trans gauge install

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 05:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
boost/trans gauge install

can anybody tell me what kind of hardware i'm gonna need to install a boost and tranny gauge? and maybe some ideas of where to tap in for em? i haven't had this truck long enough to have familliarized myself with all the lines and everything like i have with my 150. its an 03 7.3

Old 10-23-2007, 07:04 PM
Your gauges should come with everything you need to install them, minus some wiring. The best thing to do is get a gauge/pod set from Diesel Manor, absolutely everything is included.

For the trans, there is an inspection port with the plug in it on the drivers side close to the shift actuator. Just thread your sending unit in there after you remove the plug. Don't overtighten it or you can break off the sender in the trans.

For the boost gauge tap the intake plenum, X-pipe, spider pipe, or whatever you want to call the thing. This is the piece that is attached to the hot side of the intake housing on the turbo and then runs to the intercooler. Now it depends what pressure you want to monitor, turbo or manifold. The passenger side of that manifold is the hot side for the CAC (intercooler) and will tell you what pressure you're seeing at the turbo (its important to keep that below 25psi). If you tap the drivers side of that same manifold you'll be reading manifold pressure and is the pressure at the heads. This has to stay below 40psi or you'll risk lifting the heads. If you're not planning to ditch the stock turbo monitor the turbo pressure. You'll want to remove the manifold for this (not too hard). Then drill and tap for the adapter (1/8npt I would guess).

Old 10-23-2007, 07:39 PM
thanks for the info,i allready ordered the auto meter wood grain pod with the gauges.

Quick Reply: boost/trans gauge install