F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Just ordered...

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 03:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just ordered...

A 5" turbo back straight pipe exhaust...

Should be here soon. No cats, no muffler. Got it from Gus at Farm Boys Diesel. Cheaper than any place I could find, plus this one doesn't come with a muffler. All of the other places wanted to sell me a muffler plus a delete pipe. Of course, pictures and video to follow.

Old 11-01-2007, 06:19 PM
Far out...You're wicked, by God!!

Old 11-01-2007, 09:24 PM
Unless you have some other mods under the hood, prepare to lose some bottom end. Not enough to make you ricked off, but enough you'll notice it. It will sound great, though. I've installed around five or so 4-inch (MBRP's) on my diesels, which I currently am running on my 2007, too. I just inquired today about a muffler delete pipe, and they tried to sell me a cat delete first. I didn't use band clamps (which I highly recommend), so now my pipes are so crimped they will only come apart with a Sawzall or smoke wrench. Diesel exhausts are fun.

I know you responded to me about the towing 6,000# with an F-150 post, but now you see the bittersweet of my dilemma. The 2007 6.0L is the last actual diesel you can "play" with - which is another reason I wax and wane. Should I keep it and play, or move on. Keeping it costs too much money on a "rented" truck. The company owns it. Still, I am running Innovative's Street Program in it, and let me say that the word "quick" is an understatement withover 7,000#'s of flying brick. You may consider something unless you already have some juice elsewhere. I Hypermax 330'd my 2000 7.3L and boy do I miss her.

Old 11-01-2007, 09:43 PM
Ah... Guess I should have been more specific, all of the places on line wanted to sell me a muffler delete pipe. My truck already doesn't have a cat from the factory. And I'm 90% sure I'll be taking my truck down to Muffler Mart and having them weld it up for me after I install it. Oh yeah, my truck has the Edge Juice with Attitude on it right now...

Old 11-01-2007, 10:15 PM
5" turbo back huh. If it indeed has a 5" downpipe have fun fitting that in there. A 4" is tight as it is, my SS MBRP only clears my trans heat shield by 3/4". Until now I have never seen a company that sells a 5" turbo back exhaust, most are 4" DP with a 5" back.

Also be prepared for the thing to be LOUD!!!! I went from a 4" to a 5" recently. The sound level is very increased. The turbo will be much louder as well. I will actually hear the turbo spooling to 25psi instead of just the air sucking in.

Since you have the Juice I hope you have a valve body or mods for your trans. Also the Juice won't give you enough fuel to offset the loss in low end torque of the 5". Really the Juice doesn't throw very much fuel comparatively. I was suprised about how little it actually was after I put on my DP chip.

Old 11-01-2007, 10:22 PM
Originally Posted by powerstroke73
Also be prepared for the thing to be LOUD!!!! I went from a 4" to a 5" recently. The sound level is very increased. The turbo will be much louder as well. I will actually hear the turbo spooling to 25psi instead of just the air sucking in.

Since you have the Juice I hope you have a valve body or mods for your trans. Also the Juice won't give you enough fuel to offset the loss in low end torque of the 5". Really the Juice doesn't throw very much fuel comparatively. I was suprised about how little it actually was after I put on my DP chip.
I've been waiting for it to be loud... I straight piped it on the stock exhaust and was disappointed... Figured this should fix it for me. And I'm not really planning on doing anything for this trans, just waiting for it to go out so I can swap in a ZF6...

Old 11-01-2007, 11:12 PM
Originally Posted by Smokewagun
The 2007 6.0L is the last actual diesel you can "play" with
For now...but as soon as the tuner makers figure out how to turn off the regen, people will be removing DPF's left and right. I have a Superchips 1808 on my 08 and she will break all four 35's loose like they were nothing. Scares the crap out of my friends who have no clue what is under the hood.

Old 11-01-2007, 11:15 PM
Originally Posted by freekyFX4
For now...but as soon as the tuner makers figure out how to turn off the regen, people will be removing DPF's left and right. I have a Superchips 1808 on my 08 and she will break all four 35's loose like they were nothing. Scares the crap out of my friends who have no clue what is under the hood.
Certain tuners have already figured it out... Except for the fact that it will void your warranty.

Old 11-01-2007, 11:20 PM
Thats the same setup i have been wanting. Let us know how you like it.

Old 11-01-2007, 11:36 PM
Originally Posted by Zaairman
Certain tuners have already figured it out... Except for the fact that it will void your warranty.
I have 10,000 miles on my truck in 5 months. At that rate, my 5 years/60,000 miles powertrain warranty will expire in about two more years. I doubt that I will have any problems with the truck in that time period, but if I do, it will be the dealer's responsibility to prove that the failure was caused by the mod. I am not really worried though, as I have more faith in this vehicle than any other vehicle I have ever owned.

PS - I do not plan to remove my catalytic convertor or DPF.

Old 11-01-2007, 11:40 PM
Originally Posted by Redneck_Ford
Thats the same setup i have been wanting. Let us know how you like it.
Will do. I've talked to people who have bought this exhaust before and they loved it...

Old 11-02-2007, 10:01 AM
Originally Posted by freekyFX4
I have 10,000 miles on my truck in 5 months. At that rate, my 5 years/60,000 miles powertrain warranty will expire in about two more years. I doubt that I will have any problems with the truck in that time period, but if I do, it will be the dealer's responsibility to prove that the failure was caused by the mod. I am not really worried though, as I have more faith in this vehicle than any other vehicle I have ever owned.

PS - I do not plan to remove my catalytic convertor or DPF.
Only 10,000 miles? You really need to drive it. Mine at 5 months has 25,000. At this rate, one year will show about 60k. You sure have a pretty rig there, though. If they offered a power slider in an FX4 crew cab, I'd get the FX4, too, but in red over grey two-tone. I love black leather.

Old 11-02-2007, 03:35 PM
Holy chit.. UPS just came and dropped off the biggest box I've ever seen..

Old 11-02-2007, 04:22 PM
Old 11-02-2007, 06:04 PM
Originally Posted by Zaairman

It came with a BUD too!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Just ordered...