F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

trans mods

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 01:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
trans mods

i need to upgrade my tranny. its doin fine right now but i'm gonna need more power soon when i get used to the chip and i wanna make sure the tranny will hold it. who has good valve bodies,etc for the 7.3/4r100? i know factory tech is the way to go in f-150's but i don't have a clue on the diesel tranny.

Old 11-04-2007, 06:05 PM
If you're willing to part with the $4k then a full on BTS trans is the way to go. Its worth the money, but obviously not cheap. Factory Tech does indeed make a diesel version of the FTVB, but don't buy one. They flat out suck, I know, I've had one. I never had shift flare before the FTVB, but did afterwards. Once I had the rest of my trans built (Suncoast) the shifting was insane. I pulled that and bought a BTS valve body and never looked back. There isn't a price difference between them either. When you call BTS they'll ask the specs on the truck and what you're going to be doing with it. They do a pretty good job of custom tuning it right out of the shop. The only thing I need to do with my setup is a little bit of fine tuning in the chip program to account for the fully built trans.

BTW, I've got a slightly used FTVB for sale if you're interested

Oh, almost forgot. If you have the cash, an upgraded torque converter should also be on your list. Now when I say upgraded, I don't mean the $600 ones you find at Joe Blows tranny performance shop. I mean the $1000+ units with the 2yr unlimited hp warranties. You probably won't use its full limit, but they're the ones that have the durability that will last for years.

Old 11-04-2007, 08:03 PM
yeah,that's what i meant v/b and t/c upgrades i'm not lookin for a fully built trans yet. i need to get the truck paid for first. so if you or anybody else has any suggestions for a good torque converter i'd like to hear it. my cousin has a bts tranny in his truck. after he put his injectors in he fried the stocker after about 150ft. but he's got stage 2 injectors,water/alcohol,a hellacious tune and probably more stuff i forgot about. and he'srunnin 37'' tires on the stock gears(i'm guessing)

Quick Reply: trans mods