F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

07 F350 PSD exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 03:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 F350 PSD exhaust

I want to get the 4 inch cat back Banks diesel dual exhaust system, but im thinking it could be hard in my area to find someone to install/order this. Is it difficult to install one of these on your own without a lift? Has anyone done something like this?

Old 11-29-2007, 01:04 AM
Why not save your money and get something different? Banks is stupid expensive stuff. Exhausts are really easy to install. Me and a few friends installed my turbo back exhaust in a few hours. Oh, and order it yourself.

Old 11-29-2007, 01:30 AM
i know the MBRP kits sound sweet and there not near the price of the banks.

Old 11-29-2007, 06:29 PM
whys that? it seems like the banks is a pretty good quality system, and a couple hundred bucks isnt that much difference on a basically brand new truck

Old 11-29-2007, 07:30 PM
Nope, Banks is just paying for the name is all. They're not any better quality, and if anything they're a little worse. I've seen alot of complaints of their exhausts rusting out or falling apart in high salt areas. Do yourself and get a stainless steel MBRP 4" system. The quality is one of the highest out there and is quite a bit less than Banks.

Old 11-29-2007, 07:40 PM
I looked in to these and then found out that on the PSD you will get worse MPG's due to the back pressure sensor.

What happens is that due to the lack of pressure, the injectors will push more fuel to make up for it and the turbo will spin more and thus increase your EGT's too. I would be careful with the PSD. I have one and was all set to do some mods etc...but after talking with the Senior PSD Tech at Payton Write Ford, I said yeah I will skip it.

my .02

Old 11-29-2007, 07:44 PM
My MPG went up after my exhaust install, and I've never heard of anyone getting less before...

Old 11-29-2007, 07:55 PM
Originally Posted by Zaairman
My MPG went up after my exhaust install, and I've never heard of anyone getting less before...
You have a 7.3.....the 6.0's dont' do so well with them, Cat backs are not as bad as Turbo backs. They cause all kinds of havok with the sensors and EGR valves and Ford will void a warranty claim if the turbo back is the cause.

Let me tell you a little story. I just had my truck in for a battery issue. They have something new they do on the 6.0's. They hooked it up to a computer that is linked up with Ford home office and they analyzed the truck's computer. I asked him why not do it locally, he said "we do, but Ford wants to look through the PCM and see tripped codes and other things." I said...."what other things" he said..."programmers" That is why I like the XCAL II its harder to detect on a short look from Ford. A deep dive and they can find broken links in the code.

I just smiled and he did too.

Old 11-30-2007, 04:26 AM
rolling rock doesnt banks own their own name? i mean its hard to understand a stainless system rusting out. at all. granted i dont know much about this stuff my specialty is more audio and farm equipment, but i would guess a company building a le mans diesel racer would know a thing or two

Old 11-30-2007, 02:58 PM
I've installed two turbo-backs on 7.3L's, and four cat-backs on 6.0L's of mine with no regrets. Do yourself a favor, though... call Eric at Innovative Diesel and get his Xcal2 street tune for your 350 and see what the rest of the world is missing. The response and pep is unbelievable. I snagged a bit on economy as well - as long as I keep my foot out of it.

Old 11-30-2007, 04:10 PM
Originally Posted by Smokewagun
I've installed two turbo-backs on 7.3L's, and four cat-backs on 6.0L's of mine with no regrets. Do yourself a favor, though... call Eric at Innovative Diesel and get his Xcal2 street tune for your 350 and see what the rest of the world is missing. The response and pep is unbelievable. I snagged a bit on economy as well - as long as I keep my foot out of it.
If you run stock with your Cat Backs on your 6.0 do you get a check engine light or does it throw codes? Eric has great tunes for sure, I use them but I prefer to tow in stock. If I had a liquid harmonic drive shaft balancer I would run this tow tunes more often.

Old 11-30-2007, 05:17 PM
Do yourself a favor, though... call Eric at Innovative Diesel and get his Xcal2 street tune for your 350 and see what the rest of the world is missing. The response and pep is unbelievable. I snagged a bit on economy as well - as long as I keep my foot out of it.
I will second that. Also like said above, i've seen most people go with a 4" MBRP exhaust system. They seem to be the best bang for your buck.

Old 11-30-2007, 11:54 PM
Originally Posted by RollingRock
If you run stock with your Cat Backs on your 6.0 do you get a check engine light or does it throw codes? Eric has great tunes for sure, I use them but I prefer to tow in stock. If I had a liquid harmonic drive shaft balancer I would run this tow tunes more often.
No, no CEL and no codes. Just pure music to the ears. I towed with Eric's tunes once or twice, but prefer to tow my 6,500# trailer stock, too. That is until I run a pyro.

Old 11-30-2007, 11:56 PM
No, no CEL and no codes. Just pure music to the ears. I towed with Eric's tunes once or twice, but prefer to tow my 6,500# trailer stock, too. That is until I run a pyro.
What Cat back do you have on your current 07?

Old 12-02-2007, 02:48 AM
this is a bit off topic, but ive got a k and n fipk intake on my 6.0, but ive heard these are bad for the engine. any truth in this? if so what is a good alternative?

Quick Reply: 07 F350 PSD exhaust