F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

engine compartment

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 06:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
engine compartment

My girlfriend brother in law bought a 08 f-250 twin turbo diesel. He showed me the engine compartment WOW they couldn't stuff another thing in that engine compartment. Dual batteries. How would you service it. He was telling me they have lift the cab off to service. I couldn't even see the engine block. The radiators. There must've been at least 4 rads-inter cooler, Air cond condenser.cooling rad,oil cooler,and couple more. Hes going to get some kind of brush guard for the front in case he its a deer. He uses his truck for work. Hauling equipment, skid steer and etc.

Old 12-24-2007, 10:37 PM
Technical Article Contributor
Contributor
Received 260 Likes on 251 Posts
Originally Posted by 05extcabflare
My girlfriend brother in law bought a 08 f-250 twin turbo diesel. He showed me the engine compartment WOW they couldn't stuff another thing in that engine compartment. Dual batteries. How would you service it. He was telling me they have lift the cab off to service. I couldn't even see the engine block. The radiators. There must've been at least 4 rads-inter cooler, Air cond condenser.cooling rad,oil cooler,and couple more. Hes going to get some kind of brush guard for the front in case he its a deer. He uses his truck for work. Hauling equipment, skid steer and etc.
Actually, that was their logic behind it. According to a lot of service writers, the technicians like the access they have when they take the cab off to do major repairs. Thus they made the cab come off easily.

Old 12-25-2007, 07:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They really should just go ahead and hinge them like the big rigs...

Quick Reply: engine compartment