F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

ESOF not working; HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 12:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ESOF not working; HELP!

A couple weeks ago I had posted that my ESOF was not working on my truck. The transfer case engaged, the lights on the panel came on, but the hubs did not lock. If I locked them manually, we were in business. Fast forward to today. I went to put the truck in 4x4 with the ESOF dial and got nothing. Transfer case did not engage, no lights on theinstrument panel, nothing. I can live with having to lock the hubs. I figure that is a bad vacuum line or relay somewhere--no biggie. I'll fix that but it is not a priority at the moment. What is a problem is no 4x4 at all. I checked all the fuses under the dash but everything associated with the 4x4 checks out. What to look for next?

Old 12-29-2007, 11:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seems as though this is going to be an intermittent problem. On the way into work today, I tried switching into 4x4 just to see what would happen. I was able to get the T-case to engage both high and low range. I'm not sure if not going in last night was just a freak occurence or what. I hope so, cause intermittent problemsare the hardest to track down!

Quick Reply: ESOF not working; HELP!