F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

ALL Ford F250 (JOB 2) Trk owners Please Respond

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 09:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation ALL Ford F250 (JOB 2) Trk owners Please Respond

I'm posting this to see if any one else is having issues with there truck. My truck was built Sept 2007 and has 4000 miles on it. I'm having issues with the TPMS sensor faulting and the CHECK ENGINE LIGHT turning on.I have taken my truck to the dealer and they have told me that there are no codes. But on last Friday my truck put out white smoke, hhad hesitation on shifting gears, made some funny noises under the hood and was revivng around 1100rpm in Park. If anyone has had this happen please let me know.
I know that this has happeded with Job 1 trucks.
Thanks

Old 12-31-2007, 09:59 AM
Mine is a Job 1 truck built in May. I just turned over 11,000 miles and no problems like that at all...as a matter of fact, no problems of any kind ever. Mine has never been to the dealer for any reason and I am still running the factory PCM flash.

Originally Posted by Bkuepaint
I'm posting this to see if any one else is having issues with there truck. My truck was built Sept 2007 and has 4000 miles on it. I'm having issues with the TPMS sensor faulting and the CHECK ENGINE LIGHT turning on.I have taken my truck to the dealer and they have told me that there are no codes. But on last Friday my truck put out white smoke, hhad hesitation on shifting gears, made some funny noises under the hood and was revivng around 1100rpm in Park. If anyone has had this happen please let me know.
I know that this has happeded with Job 1 trucks.
Thanks

Old 12-31-2007, 10:17 AM
2008 ford f250

Did you change your rims & tires and if so have you had any problems with the tire sensors

Old 01-01-2008, 11:07 AM
Originally Posted by Bkuepaint
Did you change your rims & tires and if so have you had any problems with the tire sensors
I changed my tires at 1,000 miles...stock rims. Job 1 trucks do not have the tire pressure sensors, thank god! Every person I know with TPMS on their vehicles is having problems. I have this thing called a tire pressure gauge that I use once every couple weeks and I look at my tires every time I drive the truck. If a tire starts going down, I may not catch it immediately, but I will know by the pressure or the way it looks or the way it feels when I am driving. The key is to not be oblivious to the fact that tires can lose air.

Old 01-01-2008, 11:21 AM
Originally Posted by freekyFX4
I have this thing called a tire pressure gauge that I use once every couple weeks and I look at my tires every time I drive the truck.

what is this - tire pressure gauge you speak of, where can i get me one of these devices? you mean you actually use your eyes and look at your tires?

Old 01-01-2008, 12:17 PM
Ford F250

I know Ford made a big mistake with this TPMS system. I found out yesterdat that they will have to put a recorder in my truck because my truck gave a code saying that I may have up to 3 bad sensors. I wish they never put this garbage in their new trucks.

Old 01-01-2008, 01:52 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 260 Likes on 251 Posts
Interesting... my dealer can automatically check which sensors are bad right on the computer.

I think your dealer is full of it.

Old 01-01-2008, 01:58 PM
Originally Posted by edwards
what is this - tire pressure gauge you speak of, where can i get me one of these devices? you mean you actually use your eyes and look at your tires?

LOL...I am glad you detected my sarcasm.

Old 01-01-2008, 02:25 PM
Graphics Contributor
Originally Posted by edwards

Quick Reply: ALL Ford F250 (JOB 2) Trk owners Please Respond