F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

2008 6.4L dual tail pipe?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 09:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 6.4L dual tail pipe?

I am sure it is written somewhere why the dual has the vents back a ways from the end? Could chrome (or ceramic coated) tips be put over the ugly stock bare metal setup?

Old 01-01-2008, 09:26 PM
And this is what I am talking about:

Old 01-01-2008, 11:18 PM
I think that there is a chrome version of that tip available. I have not liked the looks of that exhuast since it came out. I'm sure that you can get an aftermarket setup for the new trucks, but I haven't seen many with them. I could be wrong becuase of all the emissions regulations now in place.

jrbhc8

Old 01-02-2008, 08:16 AM
So upon doing a little more research, the dual vented tip is for a reason (cooler and better flowing?) and modifying it can void parts of the warranty. I guess I might take a can of high temp black to it!

Old 01-02-2008, 09:30 AM
Originally Posted by PROxac
So upon doing a little more research, the dual vented tip is for a reason (cooler and better flowing?) and modifying it can void parts of the warranty. I guess I might take a can of high temp black to it!
I don't know about the voiding warranty part.

It's hard to believe that chroming it would be 'modifying' it as performance would be exactly the same. If that is the case applying paint would be a 'modification' too..

Alot of guys are putting cat back / muffler systems on thier new PSD's and the ones I know do not have any issues with warranty per their dealers. Plus some of these dudes know 'inside' Ford reps that have said the same.

Last edited by Pagnew; 01-02-2008 at 09:33 AM.
Old 01-02-2008, 05:14 PM
Originally Posted by Pagnew
It's hard to believe that chroming it would be 'modifying' it as performance would be exactly the same. If that is the case applying paint would be a 'modification' too..
Who the hell said anything about chroming the stock tip? Maybe you didnt understand where I said "Could chrome tips be put over" (cheap ones are at Pep Boys, expensive ones are available at many online places). They slip OVER the exhaust pipe and are clamped, or they butt up to it and are welded. Neither involves trying to chrome and polish a stupid vented stock tip though.

Originally Posted by Pagnew
Alot of guys are putting cat back / muffler systems on thier new PSD's and the ones I know do not have any issues with warranty per their dealers. Plus some of these dudes know 'inside' Ford reps that have said the same.
Not interested in an entire exhaust, just the cosmetics for now.

Old 01-02-2008, 05:16 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
One day, while waiting for a oil change, I walked the lot at my Dealer...www.TASCA.com & saw a 2008 SuperDuty with Chrome tailpipes! Stock factory part....looked amazing! Give them a holla.....

Old 01-02-2008, 06:35 PM
Who the hell said anything about chroming the stock tip? Maybe you didnt understand where I said "Could chrome tips be put over" (cheap ones are at Pep Boys, expensive ones are available at many online places). They slip OVER the exhaust pipe and are clamped, or they butt up to it and are welded. Neither involves trying to chrome and polish a stupid vented stock tip though.

Not interested in an entire exhaust, just the cosmetics for now.

I was thinking of jrbhc8's line: "I think that there is a chrome version of that tip available."
Not your "Could chrome tips be...." line.

Paint it, chrome it, put a chrome slip over it...whatever

I highly doubt 'cosmetics' to the tip of an exhaust is going to cause any 'warranty' issues. Especially if cat back systems don't.

Somebody giving you goofy info Holmes

Last edited by Pagnew; 01-02-2008 at 06:42 PM.
Old 01-02-2008, 07:00 PM
Why don't you just buy the MBRP tips here?

MBRP T5111

Another link

Old 01-02-2008, 10:43 PM
I have the chrome tips on my King Ranch (it was part of the chrome package). Will try to gets some pics posted if you are interested.

Old 01-03-2008, 08:25 AM
Originally Posted by freekyFX4
Why don't you just buy the MBRP tips here?

MBRP T5111

Another link
Those are SLICK! I will look into them for sure
Originally Posted by TXCobra
I have the chrome tips on my King Ranch (it was part of the chrome package). Will try to gets some pics posted if you are interested.
Pics would be greatly appreciated!

Old 01-03-2008, 07:45 PM
Those are SLICK! I will look into them for sure
Pics would be greatly appreciated!
Sorry these pics aren't as good as I would have hoped...it gets dark too quickly. They really shine in the daylight (and when you make sure to wipe the waterspots off ). Hope this is what you were looking for:

Old 01-03-2008, 07:46 PM
Double post

Last edited by TXCobra; 01-03-2008 at 07:48 PM.
Old 01-08-2008, 03:44 PM
Another day (well another 10 minutes)

Now I am much happier (for a while) so I don't have to order the billet badge grilles, tip covers, or a after market exhaust (yet) heh.

Old 01-10-2008, 05:19 PM
Painting or chroming your tips or even adding some sort of chrome tip over the stock ones isnt an issue, just leave them there rather than cut them off. Yes they're functional and if the dealer you take your truck to is a dink they could give you the gears. When I talk to ford hotline about some of the problems we have with the new 6.4, they ask us specifically if there are any mods to the truck after all the grief the 6.0 is giving them.

Quick Reply: 2008 6.4L dual tail pipe?