F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Trouble Codes

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 10:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Trouble Codes

does anyone know what P1211 is? and what would cause a P0603 power interuption i think... is that code.... any ideas would help

Old 01-06-2008, 12:17 AM
Recently installed a programmer on the truck huh.

P0603 Internal Ctrl Mod KAM. This is just the Keep Alive Memory. Basically the ram for the PCM. You will get this any time you reprogram the truck with a tuner as you disrupt its power while uploading. There is no way to avoid this, it is normal, and does not change perf or hurt things one bit. Its a nuisance code more than anything.

P1211 ICP pressure above or below expected. This also happens when you put a programmer on a stock truck, typically in the higher hp settings. Typically its a low pressure situation. In the higher settings, or whenever you're at WOT your oil demands for the injectors is pretty high. The PCM is requesting X amount of oil to get Y amount of fuel based on the fuel maps. Well if the ICP can't deliver X then the PCM knows this and sets a code saying that its not getting what it wants. This does not indicate any damage, but does affect performance. To get around this you need something with better fuel maps such as a custom chip. This is one of the many reasons that I don't like programmers. Go read the other thread in here asking about chips as the difference gets explained a little more. The other way is to get a dual hpop that can deliver the amount of oil that the PCM is asking for. My Edge used to set that all the time, my DP has never set it.

Old 01-06-2008, 03:09 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 260 Likes on 251 Posts
Originally Posted by powerstroke73
Recently installed a programmer on the truck huh.

P0603 Internal Ctrl Mod KAM. This is just the Keep Alive Memory. Basically the ram for the PCM. You will get this any time you reprogram the truck with a tuner as you disrupt its power while uploading. There is no way to avoid this, it is normal, and does not change perf or hurt things one bit. Its a nuisance code more than anything.

P1211 ICP pressure above or below expected. This also happens when you put a programmer on a stock truck, typically in the higher hp settings. Typically its a low pressure situation. In the higher settings, or whenever you're at WOT your oil demands for the injectors is pretty high. The PCM is requesting X amount of oil to get Y amount of fuel based on the fuel maps. Well if the ICP can't deliver X then the PCM knows this and sets a code saying that its not getting what it wants. This does not indicate any damage, but does affect performance. To get around this you need something with better fuel maps such as a custom chip. This is one of the many reasons that I don't like programmers. Go read the other thread in here asking about chips as the difference gets explained a little more. The other way is to get a dual hpop that can deliver the amount of oil that the PCM is asking for. My Edge used to set that all the time, my DP has never set it.
Wow... couldn't have been explained better.

Looks like someone ate their breakfast this morning.

Old 01-06-2008, 08:25 PM
Received 107 Likes on 100 Posts
Maybe he stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night....

Steve

Old 01-06-2008, 09:30 PM
Originally Posted by projectSHO89
Maybe he stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night....

Steve

I do have 489,000 points racked up at Holiday Inn (seriously I do )

Quick Reply: Trouble Codes