F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Exhaust Temp Guage Acting Up

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 01:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exhaust Temp Guage Acting Up

The exhaust temp guage in my truck started acting up a couple weeks ago and is now to the point where it won't work at all. It started out getting "stuck" in one place or another. I would pull off the freeway and notice the guage sitting at 1000*, or notice it sitting at 300* running 80 down the freeway, but it would be accurate and moving again next time I glanced at it a few miles later. It started happening more and more often and would stay "stuck" longer. Sometimes I was able to shut the truck off and restart it and the guage would jump back to an accurate reading. Now, over the past two days it has been sitting at 600* wether the truck is running or not. Sitting overnight, the guage still reads 600* when I get in it in the morning and does not move while driving. Does this sound like a bad guage, loose wire? faulty probe? I haven't started looking into it yet, just trying to get a good idea of what to look for. The guage is a DiPricol Optix and the probe is drilled and tapped into the manifold, pre-turbo. Any and all suggestions welcome. Thanks

Old 02-21-2008, 06:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, it doesn't sound like a wiring issue so it is either the gauge itself or the thermocouple. I'm guessing that there is a warranty on the gauge itself, so I'd start there and call DiPricol.

Quick Reply: Exhaust Temp Guage Acting Up