F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Another new F-350 Owner, well almost, orders in

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 10:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another new F-350 Owner, well almost, orders in

Just ordered an F-350 Lariat Crew, 8 foot bed DRW with almost everything on it. It will be black with the chrome package and geared with 4.10's. I took off the wide track option to keep it under 50k, probably a mistake. Hopefully their will be some incentives when it arrives because this truck will cost as much as my first home . Anyway, got it for $200 under dealer invoice, but boy, they did not want to budge at all. When ordered my 2001 F-150, they were much easier to deal with, I was able to get it at 5% under dealer invoice. Oh well, I guess they need to make money too. This will be my primary tow 5th wheel tow vehicle, oh, if anyone has some recommendations on hitches, my ears are open.

Old 03-02-2008, 08:54 AM
Sounds great - good luck. I wouldn't worry about not having the wide track option, it won't hurt you a bit!

Old 03-02-2008, 10:25 AM
Did you get the 6.4L, 4x4, or a moonroof? Thats a lot of truck for under $50K. What was sticker on it?

Old 03-02-2008, 04:22 PM
Pagnew, thanks for the reassurance, that's what I figured, I'm sure I'll manage .

RamSS/T, here are the specs, the MSRP is $55,025. I don't think I am allowed to say exactly what I paid here, but I'm sure you can figure it out from my previous post. Also I didn't add in any incentives yet, so it could be in the mid 40's when all is said and done, I am just figuring for the worst case scenario. I really hate that you can't lock in the incentives with orders.

F350 4X4 Crew Cab 172" WB DRW
Black Clear Coat
Leather Captain Chairs
Medium Stone Interior
Preffered Equipment Package / Lariat Trim
AMB Package
Passenger Airbag
Security Group
Hydro Boost Brakes
50 State Emissions
6.4L Power Stroke Diesel V8
Electronic 5-Speed Automatic Trans
Power Moonroof
Chrome Package
TowCommand Package
Integrated Brake Controller
PowerScope Power Sliding/Folding Mirrors
Audiophile AM/FM/6 Disc MP3 Player
Reverse Camera System
Dual Alternators
Tailgate Step
Limited Slip 4.10 Axle
Transmission Power Take-Off Provision
Rapid-Heat Supplemental Cab Heater
Reverse Vehicle Aid Sensor
Driver's Memory Package
Heated Driver and Passenger Seats
Power Sliding Rear Window
Electronic Shift-on-the-Fly
LT245/75R17E BSW AT Tires
Traction Control
Universal Garage Door Opener
Adjustable Gas and Brake Pedals
Upfitter Switches
Engine Block Heater
All-Weather Floor Mats

Some of the items are standard, I just used cut and paste from Excel spreadsheet for calculating my order. Yes, its more than I need in a truck, but it's what I wanted . Anyway, this truck will pull my current 31' Fifth wheel 2 slide out (12K Fully Loaded) with room to grow when the kids grow up and I want that rear entertainment RV with the slide out deck and about 4 more slide outs that costs a fortune and weighs a ton or actually about 8 ton, PTO is for use at my rental properties (Water Pump for cleaning springs) and maybe a generator later, everything else is just for me

Last edited by stealthster; 03-02-2008 at 05:33 PM.
Old 03-02-2008, 06:32 PM
Should be a beast! Congrats!

Old 03-02-2008, 10:10 PM
Thanks freakyFX4, You have a nice beast there yourself . If fact, I almost ordered the FX4 because of your truck, but I really wanted some of the features that were only on the Lariat and the chrome package makes me . I absolutely love the interior in the FX4 though, that's the one thing I wish the Lariat had. Anyway

Old 03-04-2008, 03:33 PM
Originally Posted by stealthster
Thanks freakyFX4, You have a nice beast there yourself . If fact, I almost ordered the FX4 because of your truck, but I really wanted some of the features that were only on the Lariat and the chrome package makes me . I absolutely love the interior in the FX4 though, that's the one thing I wish the Lariat had. Anyway
That's funny. I've built freakyFX4's truck a few times on the ford builder just to see what it would cost me to trade up on my F150

Out of curiousity, is the factory tow command system as good as say a Prodigy brake controller? I know the tow command looks slick integrated in the dash, just wondered if its as good as a stand alone. Or possibly even better for some reason?

Oh, and congrats on ordering an awesome new truck!!

Old 03-04-2008, 10:18 PM
robertmII, yeah, I bet a bunch of us have built freakyFX4's truck . Anyway, from what I heard, the Ford's integrated controller is the best their is right now. I think the difference is the integrated controller gets more information from the trucks computer as far as what's going on with your vehicle. I know it's supposed to work with ABS by sending pulses to your trailer when the ABS activates which the prodigy will not. Also the integrated controller can sense the amount of brake you are using and apply it to the trailer, I know the prodigy can do this by inertia also. I guess I will find out which one is better because I also have the prodigy in my F150, but the load I will be pulling with the F350 will be much different. Don't get me wrong, the prodigy is the best controller I have ever used so far. The in dash look is a definite plus though .

Old 03-05-2008, 10:16 PM
Congrats on the soon to be new truck, they are worth the wait. I think the new '08's look best with training wheels on the back.

Old 03-07-2008, 07:32 AM
Thanks 05RoushMarkLT , also to let everyone know, I don't need any help on the Fifth Wheel hitch anymore. I spent a day and researched them, I decided to go with the Reese/Draw-Tite Signature Series Fifth Wheel Hitch with the Puck install design. This will allow for a completely flat bed with easy removal if necessary. I also ordered the 7 pin harness T for the bed outlet. Now I have to find a cover for the bed to protect it, man this stuff is getting expensive

Old 04-15-2008, 10:56 PM
Picked her up last night, all I can say is wow!

Old 04-15-2008, 11:13 PM
Suspended
Great looking truck man! Looks perfect! Hope it holds up in billy joel town!

Old 04-16-2008, 02:22 AM
Damn that looks nice. I soooo wanted to get a dually, but it would be way too tight in the garage, and I just don't need the training wheels on the back. I love the look of them so much more though.

Congrats on the new truck!

Old 04-16-2008, 02:28 AM
Suspended
Originally Posted by 05RoushMarkLT
Damn that looks nice. I soooo wanted to get a dually, but it would be way too tight in the garage, and I just don't need the training wheels on the back. I love the look of them so much more though.

Congrats on the new truck!
Same here! I want a 08 450 but I don't need it nor does the budget fit it. now where are the pics of urs?

Old 04-16-2008, 05:44 PM
Thank you everyone for your comments. I forgot to say, the incentives were the best I have ever seen on a Super Duty (Praise the lord, and I was praying!). $5500 cash back with Ford financing which I will be paying off next month because I am rolling the truck into my mortgage. Anyway, I got a total of $10,700 off the sticker, which for a diesel, is a pretty good deal, I think. Now I need to mount the 5th wheel hitch, then take it for it's Rhino lining. Then the Kenwood 7120 GPS Stereo and backup cameras. Also looking at either the Truck Covers U.S.A. roll cover or similiar. Then I think I will be done with the mods, at least for awhile.

Quick Reply: Another new F-350 Owner, well almost, orders in