F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Dealer wants to do a new contract for my F250???

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 02:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I bought a truck once back when I was really young and had no credit. The dealer got the financing to go through by stating that I had put $1000 more money down than I really had. They told me to just bring a check for $1000 to them in a month. There was nothing in the paperwork at all about the $1000, except that I had paid $1000 more down than I actually paid. There was no written agreement that I would pay the $1000. After I signed the papers and took the truck home, I never heard from the dealer again. I guess the dealer realized that he had no legal recourse, since the bank held the lien on the truck.

Old 03-10-2008, 02:25 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by freekyFX4
I bought a truck once back when I was really young and had no credit. The dealer got the financing to go through by stating that I had put $1000 more money down than I really had. They told me to just bring a check for $1000 to them in a month. There was nothing in the paperwork at all about the $1000, except that I had paid $1000 more down than I actually paid. There was no written agreement that I would pay the $1000. After I signed the papers and took the truck home, I never heard from the dealer again. I guess the dealer realized that he had no legal recourse, since the bank held the lien on the truck.
Sweet Glad you figured out that they were trying to hose ya.

Old 03-10-2008, 03:22 PM
I just had this happen in November on a new Mustang. We traded my truck in on it. They f'ed up the financing and 3 weeks later tell me the payment is going to be about $75 higher than what I signed in the contract. I went back down to the dealer and demanded my truck back and told them where they could stick the mustang. Keep in mind I had it 3 weeks and put almost 1500 miles in the car. They said that they could meet me in the middle on the payment by putting a little more money in my truck. I said no and once again demanded my truck. He comes back a second time saying that they would just put a little more in my truck and keep the payment the same. I told him that they could have put more into the truck to begin with and the payment would have been even lower and that this problem should have never happened. Once again I demanded my truck. He comes back and tells me that they will pull it around after they change out the wheels. I said what do you mean change out the wheels? They had more or less sold the truck even know to Ford Credit and the State of Kentucky I still owned the truck. They cannot sell the truck until the deal is bought by the finiance company which it hadnt been. The wheels they were putting back on the truck were different than what I had. They had a aftermarket set of 20" wheels on it when I saw it and what they was putting on it. They told me that if I wanted those that I could have them. I said ok and got my truck back. They next day im looking at the wheels and they are all peeling chrome. Called dealer back and told them. They ordered me a new set of wheels and tires. Not to bad.

Old 03-10-2008, 03:27 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
I wonder what else they did to the truck...

Old 03-10-2008, 03:30 PM
Suspended
I had the dealer call me and say that they forgot to charge me for the bedliner. I told them I would be by in a few days...That was six months ago...

Old 03-10-2008, 03:32 PM
Well, got it figured out with the our dealer just a little bit ago. This issue is because of an "upfit rebate" amount that is set for amounts above MSRP. Because I financed in the amount of the mods ($8,000) into the loan, it took it to the next tier level and upped the percentage by 1 to 2.9%. He told me if there was a way to fix this, he wouldn't be bothering me with it, addmitted it was his fault as he had his secratary check into it and she didn't look at the right thing, but a new contract has to be done because Ford Credit won't approve the loan based on the 1.9% for that amount. So here is what we worked out...

I took out 8K in mod money for rims, tires, lift, fender flares and for labor for them to remove and install the front and rear bumpers and fender flares so they all could be painted, and 5 hours install time for the lift to be put on. The total for the labor and paint costs is right around $1500, and they will be cutting it down (not completely, but some) so we can meet this thing about mid way. I went ahead and comprimised after discussing this with him for several minutes and I put the pressure on him to at least do something. Maybe I was a little more kind than I should have been, but I took his sincerity and our long term relationship into consideration, plus the fact that they are the only Ford dealer within 330 miles. I'm feeling like I lost out on this one, but this is a company truck, and I'm not concerned about being able to make the payments. I've also got much bigger issues to deal with right now, so I'm picking my fights accordingly.

I'm a little disappointed that it didn't go completely my way, but I understand where he is coming from and I think we'll get it worked out in other ways in the long run. Ultimately I'm coming out better than if his secratary would of gotten it right the first time around, but I would of much rather it be right the first time. Hope you all aren't disappointed in me that I gave up on it, but being I waited nearly 5 months for this truck to get here and it is exactly what I want, I'm a little more willing to play their game. If it was one I chose off the lot, they would have it back right now.

Old 03-10-2008, 03:34 PM
Suspended
Can you post a pic of the new truck I WANNA SEE MODS!

Old 03-10-2008, 03:44 PM
The dealer has the truck right now and just fixed a problem with it from the factory and it is going to Auto Trim to have the autostart and the spray in liner installed today. The lift, tires and flares haven't shown up yet, so it'll probably be the end of March before it is all done.

The rims are XD series Badlands 20X9 with Toyo MT 37X13.5X20 tires. The lift is a Rize 6" radius arm. I also got the pocket style bushwacker fender flares which will be painted with the front and rear bumper to match.

I posted a topic that is one of the first ten threads here that has a picture of the truck in my garage. Here are a couple shots of my two red trucks and my brothers blue '06 in my driveway.

Old 03-10-2008, 05:04 PM
I like the blue as it's my color too!

Old 03-10-2008, 05:52 PM
Glad you got things worked out. I hope everything was on the "up and up" concerning the mistake.

That said, I honestly have to wonder about what happened to you. A well known dealer scam is to send someone home with a vehicle telling them everything is good to go, and then call later and explain why "xyz" happened and the loan is not what they said it would be. We should probably all read our paperwork better...I'll bet it leaves us little or no recourse.

Mike

Old 03-10-2008, 06:01 PM

Old 03-10-2008, 06:26 PM
I think I'll wait until the lift is on to drive it through the dealerships front doors. They've got a ramp up that I might be able to get some air off of to make a little more explosive enterance.

Mike, I think this was a real deal mistake that needed to get fixed. If I would of thought it was a scam type deal, I would of forced him to eat it, but he explained it pretty clearly, so I can be a little more at ease about the whole thing.

Old 03-11-2008, 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by 05RoushMarkLT
I think I'll wait until the lift is on to drive it through the dealerships front doors. They've got a ramp up that I might be able to get some air off of to make a little more explosive enterance.

Mike, I think this was a real deal mistake that needed to get fixed. If I would of thought it was a scam type deal, I would of forced him to eat it, but he explained it pretty clearly, so I can be a little more at ease about the whole thing.

Yeah...

I caught you red handed... you said you were going to do this... now you are being reported to the local saloon of your choice for some beers!

J/K!!!

Old 03-11-2008, 01:42 AM
Originally Posted by ManualF150
Yeah...

I caught you red handed... you said you were going to do this... now you are being reported to the local saloon of your choice for some beers!
If I knew somebody that went through with an act like this, I'd definately buy the beer!

I know the dealer well enough, so I think I'll forward him that link and tell him he almost had me to this point.

Old 03-11-2008, 01:57 AM
Did you buy that at Seekins Ford? make sure that that 6" lift is covered under warranty because I'm a salesman at Cal Worthington in Anchorage and Ford Told us the Biggest lift they will warranty is a Revtech 4.5" and 35" tires. anything bigger and they refuse to honor the factory warranty.

Quick Reply: Dealer wants to do a new contract for my F250???