F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Dealer wants to do a new contract for my F250???

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 02:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry things worked out the way they did, bro. After all the stuff you're gonna throw on the 250, I think it'll be worth it, though. Kinda sucks they're the only Ford dealer in town, so your hands are kinda tied unless you head down to Wasilla or Anchorage. Can't wait to see what the V-10 feels like when the injector issue was worked out. We'll have to line 'em up and see what happens

Oh, and Pagnew, thanks, great poetry!

Old 03-12-2008, 09:56 AM
Originally Posted by turtle313

They tried to screw me once on DMV fees. My contract said $46 (military, non-resident). A month later I got a letter saying they screwed up and had to pay over $500 and that I need to bring them the difference. I just ignored the letter and haven't heard from them since.

I had the same thing happen to me when I bought a truck (2000 F-150) in California. They put the $42 military rate on the contract, but forgot to include the open bed weight fee (even the military non-residents have to pay it). A few weeks later, they called me and told me they forgot to add the extra fee. I told them that was too bad, and that I wasn't going to pay it. I never heard from them again.

Old 03-12-2008, 02:27 PM
Well guys...there may be one large detail here that will prevent him from taking your suggestions of:

1. Tell them to shove it
2. Tell them to eat it
3. Return the truck

Here is the deal, if the AUTHORIZED person at this dealership did not countersign the contract (IF YOU have the copies), you cannot force them to eat it and they cant force the truck on you.

The reality is that they truly made a mistake...most likely an honest mistake. Is it fair, by no means. I am just saying its a mistake that needs to be addressed.

What you need to is call down and talk to the General Manager. Go over the finanace director and sales manager. Encourage him to call Ford Credit to ask them for a dealer favor to get a tier exception made. This is a dealer favor and can usually be done when the GM gets involved. I assure you the finance manager has probably done his part BEFORE they called you. If this doesnt work, you are basically in a pissing match. The fact still remains they made a mistake, but the fact ALSO remains that YOUR credit wasnt up to Ford Credits standards for the tier they signed you at. Its a judgement call made in finance offices all day, everyday. This is one of the times it didnt pan out for the finance guy and it sounds like maybe Ford Credit is putting their foot down. The key in this is to get to the General Manager and be nice and honest with him. They will help you make it work, all in the name of having ahappy customer and making the deal work.

How do I know....well, I have been a finance manager and I am now a sales manager...I've been to this movie before guys.

Old 03-12-2008, 05:16 PM
zeroxman, your post explains a bit of what I'm WENT through (glad it is past tense now), but a few differences. The raised interest rate wasn't due to my credit, it is due to what the dealer called "Upfit rebates" and a higher interest rate was required by Ford Credit because the amount financed was at a certain teir level above MSRP. I finance 8K in mods onto the truck, and since it is a company truck, I went ahead and bought it with nothing down, so I was considerably above MSRP.

I pressured our salesman pretty good with this, and with the mods we are doing to the truck we will make it work out in the long run. I'm not pleased that it wasn't done right the first time, but realize that this is the way it should have been originally. They tried to have Ford Credit authorize the loan at the 1.9%, but they wouldn't budge.

Sometimes mistakes happen, but the crappy part is that if it was a mistake on my end, they probably would give me hell or penalize me for taking the truck back.

Quick Reply: Dealer wants to do a new contract for my F250???