F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

2008 V10 rough idle, missing issue solved...

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 01:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you do math for Al Gore???
OUCH!

There's really no way to factor in all the expenses to make an accurate comparison as you could look into how much more diesel LOF's are compared to gas. From what I've seen, it costs about $100 for a diesel compared to $35 for a gas, so $65 every 3,000 miles = $325 a year X 7 years = $2275 more for cost of lube jobs.

Also, you need to factor in that we have a butt load of military folks in our town with both an army and air force base locally. If I were to put a for sale sticker on a jacked up F250 I would have a lot of young military guys that would probably jump at the chance to pay a pretty penny for it... not sure how to calculate that probability and compare it to a diesel though.

Copen, the thread would be dead otherwise, so I don't mind the diesel flexing going on. Us gassers don't have much to prove, but those guys need to dig deep to justify the fact that they spent 7 grand more on virtually the same truck as I did.

Old 03-11-2008, 01:51 AM
Originally Posted by 05RoushMarkLT
OUCH!
From what I've seen, it costs about $100 for a diesel compared to $35 for a gas, so $65 every 3,000 miles = $325 a year X 7 years = $2275 more for cost of lube jobs
Yeah...but diesels change their oil every 10K miles...not 3K. So thats basicaly a wash...not counting your time you saved not have to waite to have the oil changed.

But I a just F'n with you...I like the V10 to and you have an awsome looking truck (but I wouldnt expect anything less from you!)

Old 03-11-2008, 03:19 AM
hmmmm. good point. Damn, there's no getting around it, I got hosed by not spending an extra 7 grand.

I knew you were just funnin (that is the F'n word you were referring to, right?)

In all honesty there probably will be a point that I'll regret not getting the diesel. My brother jdpollen pulls a travel trailer with his and it's like nothing is there. I can see myself getting one several years down the road, so at that point I might look at upgrading to the diesel.

Old 03-11-2008, 06:03 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 04procompLARIAT
Black smoke where?! Gas prices arent an issue to most people that can afford the new PSD. Yes be stoked on your new truck but man...11-14 mpg? Thats harsh. At least diesels get like 16-18 mpg's. And sounds damn cool doing it. I find myself turning off my radio and just listening to the twin turboes on the road. Love it. Oh yea....deisel #2....4.05 a gallon out here.
Yeah ok Donald Trump!.......

Old 03-11-2008, 07:39 AM
Originally Posted by Copenhagen848
The guy tries to help out fellow Superduty owners with a possible issue and it turns into a gasser vs. diesel pissing match......
Yeah - isn't that always the case! It's all fun though. The gasser vs. diesel issue never dies. We are all Super Duty fans at least

Old 03-11-2008, 07:43 AM
Originally Posted by 05RoushMarkLT
hmmmm. good point. Damn, there's no getting around it, I got hosed by not spending an extra 7 grand.

I knew you were just funnin (that is the F'n word you were referring to, right?)

In all honesty there probably will be a point that I'll regret not getting the diesel. My brother jdpollen pulls a travel trailer with his and it's like nothing is there. I can see myself getting one several years down the road, so at that point I might look at upgrading to the diesel.
Beleive me - if you do any kind of off-roadin' the V10 is the best choice because of it's powerband spread and light weight. Also, if you end up slappin' a charger on that thing you definately won't regret it. Last year while I was at Glamis there was a guy with a 2004 V10 with the charger and it was serious cool and had great power in the sand!

Old 03-11-2008, 10:33 AM
Originally Posted by Pagnew
True, but slap on a supercharger on the V10 (some folks have!) and not only do you get great power, but that wonderful 'bad-a%% power' sound too!
Yeah, then you have to use premium gas which costs the same as diesel. I paid 3.39 a gallon for diesel on Sunday. Premium gas is running about the same with regular gas right around 3.19 a gallon. If he's only getting 10 MPG, then I fail to see the huge benefit of the gas engine. With oil hitting $110 a barrel yesterday, I am sure that we will all be crying soon.

I knew that comment would strike a nerve!

Old 03-11-2008, 12:01 PM
Originally Posted by freekyFX4
Yeah, then you have to use premium gas which costs the same as diesel. I paid 3.39 a gallon for diesel on Sunday. Premium gas is running about the same with regular gas right around 3.19 a gallon. If he's only getting 10 MPG, then I fail to see the huge benefit of the gas engine. With oil hitting $110 a barrel yesterday, I am sure that we will all be crying soon.

If you guys know where I work, you would realize that I am elated that oil is at $110 a barrel.

Old 03-11-2008, 12:33 PM
Originally Posted by freekyFX4

Oh - who buys the Super Duty for gas mileage anyway? for me... I don't care about stinkin' mileage or how to improve it (I'd still buy what I have even if it was $4.50+ / gal).

Of course, then the eco-terrorists would probably strike me down.

Last edited by Pagnew; 03-11-2008 at 12:38 PM.

Quick Reply: 2008 V10 rough idle, missing issue solved...