F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

00 PSD, turbo Q

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 06:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are you sure that the boost line isn't kinked? Where did you install it? Thats common and causes low pressure numbers. If it is the wastegate you should hear it it dumping the exhaust off. The truck should also smoke like a freight train and won't be able to get out of its own way at 4psi.

Old 04-15-2008, 09:12 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
hmm. well it sure as hell cant keep up with my f150 when it was a 4.6, in comparison. so basically we arent getting too much fuel from the looks of via smoke, we had 4psi from the wastegate. if i had the truck i could tell you the other locations we tried. we tried every location we could that made sense to see if we could get a different boost reading.

by dumping exhaust u mean similar to the same sound it makes when trying to build heat? it dont sound like that after its warmed up.
still getting a surge noise.

im about to rip the damn thing out to see whats going on. i kinda think it may be a wastegate actuation issue.

Old 04-15-2008, 09:49 PM
What do you mean you had 4psi at the wastegate? The wastegate is on the exhaust side of the turbo and is the WRONG system. If it is opening it should basically be atmospheric. You should have either tapped into the MAP pilot line or ideally drilled and tapped the intake horn.

Now by building heat I assume you're talking about the EBPV. The wastegate will not sound like that, but instead a woosh sound. You'll hear the exhaust gases being dumped off. Climb on top of the engine and grab the wastegate actuator rod and find out how much force it takes to move it. It should be difficult to move. Did you ever have the codes read?

Old 04-15-2008, 11:04 PM
our hand held tuner has never pulled a code yet, disappointing cuz it could give me a good starting point.
there was the green vac line we t'd into as well, and there was another line that went to the intake (i'd have to have my brother point this one out since he hooked to it not me) which also gave 4-7 psi with a jump to 10 when shifting.

the wastegate actuator was relatively hard to move. i could hook up a manual vacuum to see how much it takes.

no woosh sound unless revving no-load. still hear it whine when giving it a load run.

i have an idear... can i use my f150's xcal to datalog? and im sorry im not really diesel savvy. but it seems you point and i look works lol.

Old 04-16-2008, 08:03 PM
If you T'd into the green line by the turbo intake tube then you're on the wrong line. I suggest that you follow the directions on Diesel Manor's website on how to hook up a boost gauge. You need to go into the MAP line on the RHS firewall or drill and tap the manifold. The manifold is better than the map, but more work.

I have no idea if your Xcal for the 150 will work. The PSD uses whats called enhanced OBDII protocalls which is not the same as standard OBDII. Thats why when you go to Autozone the crappy readers they have will only read chasis related codes and nothing related to the engine.

Old 04-16-2008, 08:31 PM
i'll pass along the info to my brother since the trucks at his house now with the boost gauge.

hmm its a thought, i know it can datalog the 150. i dont think the superchips will pull the codes either to be honest.

Quick Reply: 00 PSD, turbo Q