F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

First Oil Change...should I do it or carry it in?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 12:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RamSS/T
Does the filter itself just sit inside the can?
Yup! The replacement filter comes with a new o-ring for the cap. You just unscrew the cap, pull out the old filter, drop the new one in and snap it into place, then put the cap back on with the new o-ring.

Old 03-22-2008, 12:52 AM
Originally Posted by harleyrider
Just bought my motorcraft oil and filter last night. $53 and change. Bought the combo fuel filter pack from IH yesterday for $36 and change. So I can do both for my 30,000 service for about the same as your oil change. I put a fumoto valve in the first time I did an oil change and that makes it really quick and clean. I keep my reciept's, oil filter box top and receipts from IH in the diesel pamplet that came with the truck. That way nothing else 'accidently' gets broke or unplugged around the engine bay while at the dealer. My wife took in her Escape (out of warrantee) on a Friday for a simple oil change and mysterely a plug under the passenger seat got loose after she got it back. It was showing a flashing air bag light on the dash after a few miles down the road. I had time to research it over the weekend and determined there was no way that plug could of come undone on its on. Had to of been unlatched and then just barely slide back in by human hands. Without it being latched, it was able to fall out while driving down the road.
dude that is sooo crazy... I pretty much have the exact same golf cart as you and the same rhino. Here are pics haha.

you have good taste!

Old 03-22-2008, 11:53 AM
Using CJ-4 oil in a non-ULSD engine will actually result in the oil change interval being cut in half. if you have a 6.4L engine, use CJ-4. If you have an older PSD, use CI-4.
Looked at the jugs I bought and it is the CJ-4 Motorcraft. My manual for the 6.0 specifically calls for the CI-4, but it wouldn't be updated if Ford had changed oil types. Can the CJ-4 be used in an 05 6.0? I follow a 6000 mile change interval...

yamaharhino, yes I have way to many toys. EZ-GO is for the kids when camping and the rhino is my farm toy. Thanks!

RamSS/T, look a few days back and there is a thread about fuel filters. I have the IH combo part number in that thread. It was about $36 here when I got them on Thursday. I do mine on 15,000 intervals and have not seen anything in the old filters when I take them out.

Old 03-22-2008, 12:08 PM
SAE 15W-40 Super Duty Diesel Motor Oil

- Versatile for all-season performance to temperatures as low as 20 degrees Fahrenheit (-7 degrees Celsius)
- Meets API Performance Category CJ-4/SM
- Low ash formulation designed for conventional and turbocharged diesel engines using ultralow sulfur diesel fuel
- Minimizes foaming
- Fights sludge, varnish, rust, corrosion and wear
- Recommended for use in 7.3L/6.0L/6.4L Power StrokeŽ diesel engines
- Suitable for powershift applications requiring Allison C-4 fluid
Ok, found this on Motorcraft's site, so I guess I answered my own question, but thought I would share.

Quick Reply: First Oil Change...should I do it or carry it in?