F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Wow! I tuned the new truck today!

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 09:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 05RoushMarkLT
Sweet, gotta love extra horses under the hood.

I'd love to beef up the V-10 in my 250, but I can't justify throwing a tuner or supercharger on this truck when our gas is so crappy in Alaska. I have enough problems with my supercharged F150 trying to keep the pinging down and the plugs clean with our 90 octane premium. I can't see going through all these hassles with both of my vehicles. I pretty much voided my factory warranty under 15000 miles with throwing that whipple on there. You gotta pay to play sometimes.
Keep it stock for now - it's great dependable hp and plenty of torque for anything you need the truck to do in the real world. If sometime you do add a charger you definately will notice the same effect as you did with the F150.

That V10 you have now will last a long time as is and should not give any hassells (except for the hiccup you had when it was delivered). You have the play truck - now you have a WORK truck that can do on-road and off road duty reliably.

Old 03-22-2008, 11:13 PM
Originally Posted by risupercrewman
If I was you I would not go crazy with max power settings on your tune. The 6.4 PowerStroke with dual turbo's & all of it's numerous radiators is already pretty much maxed out at factory settings..........

Yeah, I would just leave the engine stock and put gay *** chrome stick on door handle covers on it and about 50 stickers on the back glass and call it a day....unless you dont have the step in the tailgate, then go to WalMart and get one of those hitch reciever mounted steps to finish off the look!

Old 03-23-2008, 09:49 AM
Originally Posted by RamSS/T
Yeah, I would just leave the engine stock and put gay *** chrome stick on door handle covers on it and about 50 stickers on the back glass and call it a day....unless you dont have the step in the tailgate, then go to WalMart and get one of those hitch reciever mounted steps to finish off the look!
LOL- bout spit up my coffee

Old 03-23-2008, 09:51 AM
If you gonna go that far you have to include running lights on the side (6 or more each side) and some of those 'truck nuts'...

Old 03-23-2008, 09:57 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Nahh! I really want to get some of those Ghetto Rims that break when I go on Off Road Hunting trips, you know like the ones you got! Then I want to put on a bunch of Lincoln LT parts on mine so I can pretend that it a Lincoln.......Then it will be complete!..............

Old 03-23-2008, 10:32 AM
Nahh! I really want to get some of those Ghetto Rims that break when I go on Off Road Hunting trips, you know like the ones you got! Then I want to put on a bunch of Lincoln LT parts on mine so I can pretend that it a Lincoln.......Then it will be complete!..............
Try again...use the current truck please:

BTW I didn't notice the chrome door edge molding.....SEXY!!!

Old 03-23-2008, 10:50 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I go buy what you have in your current Gallery! For all I know that SuperDuty could be whoevers! Doesn't matter anyway, I already know what you kind of F-150 you were driving!........The kind that Goes Boom! Boom! & rattles my windows at a stoplight!............

Old 03-23-2008, 12:02 PM
This is funny ha. Bout swallowed my lip from laughin so hard at yall goin at it.

Old 03-23-2008, 12:55 PM
I already know what you kind of F-150 you were driving!
Yeah....one of the best looking ones on here in the opinion of a lot of people....but it certainly didn't compare to this rolling JCWhitney catalog:

I think there is room left on the front fender to stick something. Some of those fake vent things would fit right in with the rest of the truck!

........The kind that Goes Boom! Boom! & rattles my windows at a stoplight!............
Don't worry...my SD will do that too!

Last edited by RamSS/T; 03-23-2008 at 12:57 PM.
Old 03-23-2008, 01:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my rims dont break under a 600hp launch.... I doubt they would "break" going off road

Old 03-23-2008, 01:47 PM
Originally Posted by built54
my rims dont break under a 600hp launch.... I doubt they would "break" going off road
These goofs are just rollin' on each other - too funny!!

Just checked your pics - nice ride '54'

Old 03-23-2008, 03:04 PM
It does make a big difference, FreekyFX4, doesn't it?
I cant wait for mine to exit the shop so I can put my 1808 back on her. I only ran it in performance tow so I know that I like that one. I wish Mike (Troyer) made one for it as that is what I would have on mine.
But the 1808 does well enough for me.
And whom ever stated that the truck is maxed out from the factory, think again. Unless you know something in the automotive tech. industry that myself and many others don't, you are very wrong.
This truck. like most other vehicles, come from the factory with "safe" PCM/ECM settings. Not maxed out. Some vehicles are manufactured to a "maxed tune" from the factory. High ended sports cars are a example. But rest assured they "ALL" have some room for improvement. If all vehicles came maxed out from the factory then the warranty division's would bankrupt them.

Old 03-23-2008, 03:35 PM
Technical Article Contributor
Contributor
Received 260 Likes on 251 Posts
Yeah....one of the best looking ones on here in the opinion of a lot of people....but it certainly didn't compare to this rolling JCWhitney catalog:

I think there is room left on the front fender to stick something. Some of those fake vent things would fit right in with the rest of the truck!
A rolling JCWhitney catalog... hahahahaha

Not to mention where the pix are taken... Linens n Things... bwhahaha...

Old 03-23-2008, 06:07 PM
I am anxious to hear about the mileage- - although it may be tough to keep your foot out of it for a few weeks! I had an Edge in my 05 f350 and really liked it, always ran it 3 or below. Please keep us in the loop on how you like this unit, I've got an 08 6.4 but haven't heard alot on real life testing of the new programmers

Old 03-23-2008, 06:46 PM
Nice, buddy of mine had a older f250 diesel and fried the serpentine belt within the hour of installing the tuner haha. You gotta pay to play

Quick Reply: Wow! I tuned the new truck today!