F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Wow! I tuned the new truck today!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 04:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Woo Hoo!

Old 03-27-2008, 09:34 AM
Ok, so I am having a really hard time keeping my foot out of the throttle. My fuel mileage is back down to 12 MPG but I have been having a blast driving the truck. I really surprised a guy in a Mustang this morning. I pulled out into traffic in front of him and he flashed his headlights at me and whipped into the other lane to pass me. I stepped on the gas and left him in the dust...I don't think he expected it. At the next light, he rolled down his window and started yelling at me. I smiled and told him that if he hadn't been speeding, then my pulling out into traffic would not have been an issue.

Old 03-27-2008, 02:12 PM
Originally Posted by freekyFX4
Ok, so I am having a really hard time keeping my foot out of the throttle. My fuel mileage is back down to 12 MPG but I have been having a blast driving the truck. I really surprised a guy in a Mustang this morning. I pulled out into traffic in front of him and he flashed his headlights at me and whipped into the other lane to pass me. I stepped on the gas and left him in the dust...I don't think he expected it. At the next light, he rolled down his window and started yelling at me. I smiled and told him that if he hadn't been speeding, then my pulling out into traffic would not have been an issue.
Way to kick a#$ man!

Old 03-27-2008, 02:24 PM
Originally Posted by Pagnew
Way to kick a#$ man!
Thanks! Did I forget to mention that I think it was a V6 Mustang?

Old 03-27-2008, 02:30 PM
Thanks! Did I forget to mention that I think it was a V6 Mustang?

Still - those V6 'stangs can get up and go too!

Way to kick 'some' a#$ then!

Old 03-27-2008, 09:48 PM
Nashville traffic.

I am actually glad mine is in the shop getting a new engine. I would have loved to 4x4 over a Civic today. One of those days.

Old 03-27-2008, 11:55 PM
Originally Posted by heavy hauler
Nashville traffic.

I am actually glad mine is in the shop getting a new engine. I would have loved to 4x4 over a Civic today. One of those days.
Why are you getting a new engine? Did I miss a thread?

Edit: I saw the other post. Hope it gets worked out soon for you.

Last edited by freekyFX4; 03-28-2008 at 09:11 AM.
Old 03-28-2008, 12:47 AM
Technical Article Contributor
Contributor
Received 260 Likes on 251 Posts
Gas?!

Since when do you give a diesel, gas?

Do you mean you gun it?

I'm just kidding... I bet your truck would have no problem making a fool out of my truck.

Last edited by ManualF150; 03-28-2008 at 12:49 AM.
Old 05-01-2008, 03:26 AM
You gotta' stop worrying and start living sometimes. I guess if I was poor, I would worry about it too. Of course, I wouldn't have a $50,000 truck either. I suppose it all comes down to whether or not you have the ***** to take risks. Some people are afraid to step outside because the world is a dangerous place. But what good is being alive...if you never live? Maybe some day you will grow some (or have enough money that it won't matter). At any rate, I am not concerned, so I don't see why you should be concerned for me.
Thats right! The only thing that worries me is there not being any TP in the bathroom!

Old 05-02-2008, 11:38 PM
Freeky I have been doing some research lately and have descided to do a PDF delete and tune. From what I have read the only real choice you have is either stock or PDF delete and tune. If you leave the PDF on and tune it it will eventually cause premature failure of the PDF do to increased soot build up. This increased build up is first evedent by the increased number and length of re-gens the truck goes into, and didnt you tell me you thought your old truck went into re-gen more often after you tuned it? The PDF delete pipes and custom tune to turn the re-gen off runs less than $1500 and seems to offer MPG in the range of 19-22MPG and 150+ HP. I figured at $4.50 a gallon it will take about 10,000 miles for me to break even just in fuel savings.

What are your thoughts and what have you read on the PDF delete?

The final straw was after talking to the service manager at the local Ford dealership today...which I have recently started carrying all our company cars too, and he said that if I did a conservative tune on it he would see to it that it didnt effect my warrenty.

Old 05-03-2008, 12:42 AM
Sounds like a great idea to me. I have been considering doing the same thing to mine. I have yet to re-tune my truck since taking it to the dealer for some repairs. I have only put 45 miles on the truck in the past 2 weeks, so I really have not been thinking about the truck much. It's spring here and I have been riding the bike every day. And yes, mine was going into regen more often. I found that tuning back to stock for a week or two would actually get it back to normal.

Quick Reply: Wow! I tuned the new truck today!