F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Pictures of my blown up 6.4l Diesel '08

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 10:04 AM
Technical Article Contributor
Contributor
Received 260 Likes on 251 Posts
I might get 2 kits for my trucks... I'm just really curious to see the data.

Old 03-31-2008, 11:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Pagnew
Just recieved my blackstone kit today. It will still be a month before I have the oil changed but it will be interesting to see the results...Thanks again Zaairman for posting that some time ago.
Notta problem... Let us know how the tests go

Old 04-02-2008, 06:09 AM
New Engine Is In The House!

They FINALLY have a brand new engine there getting put in. Directly off the assembly line, complete new assembly. It is a "blue" label engine where mine was a "orange" label engine. Blue meaning it is the newest engine available. (hopefully the "problem free" version).

Now just waiting to get her back. That engine is impressive sitting out of the truck. I am amazed at how much stuff is bolted onto this thing.
What ever happened to the simple engine w/carb? Simple to yank, repair and install. I remember in the day pulling many a blown engine and slapping a new one in. This was a job done on a Saturday and the vehicle was back on the road five hours later.

Old 04-02-2008, 08:00 AM
Originally Posted by heavy hauler
They FINALLY have a brand new engine there getting put in. Directly off the assembly line, complete new assembly. It is a "blue" label engine where mine was a "orange" label engine. Blue meaning it is the newest engine available. (hopefully the "problem free" version).

Now just waiting to get her back. That engine is impressive sitting out of the truck. I am amazed at how much stuff is bolted onto this thing.
What ever happened to the simple engine w/carb? Simple to yank, repair and install. I remember in the day pulling many a blown engine and slapping a new one in. This was a job done on a Saturday and the vehicle was back on the road five hours later.
Good luck with your new engine!

What ever happened to the simple engine w/carb? ...Lived in those days - newer technology, emmisions, and 'keeping the customers out of the engine bay' rules the day now. Tune ups are mostly done via computer. Kinda amazing actually...

Anyway - Happy Haulin' and your engine should be better since it is a 'Ford' blue label instead of a 'Chevy' orange label....hehehehe

Old 04-02-2008, 10:15 AM
Contributor
I just sent an inquiry off to Blackstone for 2 kits...

Anyhow, I hope the new engine is just as hardworking as one that didn't give you any problems.

Old 04-10-2008, 08:24 PM
I find this very interesting since Freaky had a tuner on it before he traded it. Maybe all this talk about how ford can tell if you have a tuner is just a scare tactic.

Old 04-10-2008, 09:00 PM
That blows man

Old 04-11-2008, 11:31 AM
Originally Posted by The professor
I find this very interesting since Freaky had a tuner on it before he traded it. Maybe all this talk about how ford can tell if you have a tuner is just a scare tactic.
And Heavy put a tuner on it after he bought it and the truck was blown up within a week of him owning it. I just wonder what the dealership did to it in the month between me trading it in and him buying it.

Old 04-11-2008, 03:00 PM
The ****** at Ford gave them the run around on the issue. They wanted the dealer to send the valves/head to them to inspect. No one wanted to fly down. So the dealer sent about 20 pics to them. That apparently shut them up!
No one can pinpoint the "problem" only speculate. Apparently the injector either stayed open and hydro locked or it starved the cylinder.
Either way it is getting a new, off the assembly line, engine. There are no re-builds or remans for this. So at least I get lucky there.

On a side note, they estimated the repair work to end up at $16,000. to $20,000. clams.
aww at least u can sit back and enjoy the warranty your sittin on lol

Old 04-11-2008, 03:04 PM
Actually Bosch put the grenade in there in the form of an injector.
there piezo injectors in the powerstokes.

Old 04-11-2008, 03:16 PM
Originally Posted by The professor
nope... i get a diesel power magazine... in one issue they had all the sensors in the new 08... there is a sensor for everything... you name it i bet it has a sensor... i bet they would no all the speeds you have had the pickup at... and i bet they would no if you dint ware your seat belt... thats is a complete dramatization of corse... but... you get my point.

Old 04-11-2008, 03:50 PM
sure they talk about all the sensors but are they actually in the trucks? I've known a handfull of people that run tuners on their truck and when they take them in they just take them off and the dealer has never voided the warranty.

Old 04-11-2008, 04:04 PM
It always sucks when you have to pull a diesel out......

Good luck with the new engine.

Old 04-12-2008, 07:00 PM
Bosh is making the piezo injectors for the 6.4 but it uses a simens(sp) cp3 injection pump.

Old 04-12-2008, 11:32 PM
Contributor
Zach, I got my 2 Blackstone containers! Awesome lab!

Quick Reply: Pictures of my blown up 6.4l Diesel '08