F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Questions about 99 f250 and fx4

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 12:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
gotta love the xl package.i love that rubber floor just pull out the hose and your good to go.

Old 03-31-2008, 04:09 PM
Technical Article Contributor
Contributor
Received 260 Likes on 251 Posts
Originally Posted by keith97xlt
gotta love the xl package.i love that rubber floor just pull out the hose and your good to go.
Dude... I love that sooo much on my XL F150...

I think it is more cleanly... my truck always smells like a new truck inside.

Something about carpet just makes it hold odors.. kinda gross actually...

Old 03-31-2008, 05:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ManualF150
Dude... I love that sooo much on my XL F150...

I think it is more cleanly... my truck always smells like a new truck inside.

Something about carpet just makes it hold odors.. kinda gross actually...
As long as you keep it clean the carpet it ain't so bad...at least not like the carpet in a cheesy road-side bunk-n-hump motel.

Old 03-31-2008, 06:31 PM
Originally Posted by Pagnew
You forgot to mention the skid plates -

Thanks for your opinion though!

Oh, you mean the formed sheet metal that they call skid plates? Nope, I didn't forget them which is why I didn't mention them in the good parts of the FX4 package. I've seen the stockers fold up way too many times even on mild wheeling and actually cause more damage themselves. They're right down there with the "Rancho" shocks.

Heck you should see the stock ones on my Ranger. The first trip out the one on the gas tank was folded up against the tank and wasn't doing anything. Actually come to think of it, it was like that after only an hour in the park. I just haven't gotten around to cutting it off.

Old 03-31-2008, 06:42 PM
Originally Posted by powerstroke73
Oh, you mean the formed sheet metal that they call skid plates? Nope, I didn't forget them which is why I didn't mention them in the good parts of the FX4 package. I've seen the stockers fold up way too many times even on mild wheeling and actually cause more damage themselves. They're right down there with the "Rancho" shocks.

Heck you should see the stock ones on my Ranger. The first trip out the one on the gas tank was folded up against the tank and wasn't doing anything. Actually come to think of it, it was like that after only an hour in the park. I just haven't gotten around to cutting it off.
That's why I put the ' '. Still, I smacked a rock on a slope (hidden by snow) and if I hadn't have had that 'sheet metal' it would have been worse. Do Chevy's or Dodges have better 'sheet metal' offerings? (I don't know ).

Same thing with quads too! - gotta replace with something better, but it is some protection until that time comes. For me, it was worth the extra $125 I paid when I ordered the truck.

Sorry you have a beef with the FX4 package offerings...

Last edited by Pagnew; 03-31-2008 at 06:45 PM.

Quick Reply: Questions about 99 f250 and fx4