F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Rize issue on '08 F250

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 02:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rize issue on '08 F250

I got the lift, tires and fender flares on this week, and I'm having an issue with the Rize lift. Besides the fact that it is bull ******* pretty good (roughly 4" higher from top of wheel to fender in front vs. rear) I have a rub on the front drive line when it is in 4wd with the cat. I'm almost thinking I got springs for an 8" lift instead of a 6" lift because the way it sits and the contact between the driveshaft and the cat.

Some specs are:
6" rize radius arm lift kit
14" from top of tire to bottom of fender well in front
10" from top of tire to bottom of fender well in rear
37" Toyo MT's with plenty of clearance.

Any thought on this? There isn't any room for adjustment on this, but something definately ain't right. We tried to bend the cat away from the driveshaft a little, but it only worked a little. I plan to call Rize in the morning and find out if they have seen this before.

Also, I don't have my digital, so I don't have pictures yet, but she's a beast now. I love the look and the truck drives great with the lift, much better than I expected. The kids nicknamed this truck "The Monster"

Old 04-14-2008, 02:30 AM
Suspended
Sounds great man! Do you have any pics of the truck at all? With the rubbing, I have no clue.

Old 04-14-2008, 02:52 AM
im assuming you got the V10 and the driveshaft is rubbing on the drivers side cat? i have ran into this before even on the procomp kits. the cat has be cut out, rotated and re-welded. also most lifts apply to both the 250 and 350 while the 350 sits 2 inches higher in the rear stock which may be your problem as to why its low in the back end. what did it come with to lift the rear? if the factory block is still being used you may want to look into replacing it with an f350 block.

Old 04-14-2008, 11:05 AM
Thanks guys.

Paralyzer, you are correct, it is the drivers side and I do have the V-10. I'm happy to hear that I'm not the only one with this issue as I thought something was wrong with the install. It appeared as if everything is pretty much plug and play with no adjustment.

For the rear, the 2" stock blocks were removed and the 5" blocks that came with the kit were installed. I am contemplating looking for a 6 or 7" rear block, or going with the replacement rear leaf spring kit from Rize. Either way, I'd eventually like to level it out some more. I'm still less than 100 miles on the lift, so I'd also like to see if the springs will settle a little bit.

Old 04-14-2008, 11:49 AM
Looking forward to seein' some pics!

Old 04-15-2008, 09:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
post some pics

Old 04-16-2008, 02:17 AM
Sorry about the delay on pics, it'll be at least another week since I'm headed out of town on Thursday and I still don't have my camera back.

I talked to Rize today and they confirmed that this is an issue with the V-10's and how the cats are placed. I'll have to take it into a muffler shop to have some refitting done. Also, the bull ******* is common on the V-10's as the springs are made for the heavier diesel motor. It has settled some, but I think I'll lift the rear up a couple more inches. They told me that there is an add-a-leaf system they have now to bring the back up an additional 2" with the 5" block, which basically brings me back to 5" of lift since the stock 2" blocks were removed. I also plan to get the steering stabilizer since the steering wheel likes to shimmy on bumps and over the rough stuff.

Truck is driving great otherwise, have put on a few hundred miles since getting it back. I need to recalibrate for the tire size, so hopefully that 7.7-8.2 mpg average isn't as bad as it appears. How do all you gassers feel now?

Last edited by 05RoushMarkLT; 04-16-2008 at 02:19 AM.
Old 04-16-2008, 07:39 AM
Originally Posted by 05RoushMarkLT
Sorry about the delay on pics, it'll be at least another week since I'm headed out of town on Thursday and I still don't have my camera back.

I talked to Rize today and they confirmed that this is an issue with the V-10's and how the cats are placed. I'll have to take it into a muffler shop to have some refitting done. Also, the bull ******* is common on the V-10's as the springs are made for the heavier diesel motor. It has settled some, but I think I'll lift the rear up a couple more inches. They told me that there is an add-a-leaf system they have now to bring the back up an additional 2" with the 5" block, which basically brings me back to 5" of lift since the stock 2" blocks were removed. I also plan to get the steering stabilizer since the steering wheel likes to shimmy on bumps and over the rough stuff.

Truck is driving great otherwise, have put on a few hundred miles since getting it back. I need to recalibrate for the tire size, so hopefully that 7.7-8.2 mpg average isn't as bad as it appears. How do all you gassers feel now?
Feel Grrrrrreat! Looking forward to those pics man! I like the look of a level truck too!

Quick Reply: Rize issue on '08 F250