F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

I promised I wouldn't post these but...

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 12:02 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Bigs80
Here in RI they won't let you leave the lot without proof of insurance.
Thats right! Sir, I need your License, Registration, & Proof of Insurance! I stopped you cause your doing 50 MPH in a posted 25 MPH zone! I'll be with you in a moment!..........

Old 04-19-2008, 12:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think any water got in the engine. I saw a 2005ish V10 SD go through water - slowly - that was about as deep if not deeper than that (pics the OP has posted) on a flooded road. He traveled about 20 yards and made it.

Last edited by Pagnew; 04-19-2008 at 02:32 PM.
Old 04-19-2008, 01:11 PM
As far as driving without insurance goes, that's not an option in BC. When I bought my truck they actually had someone working for ICBC (Insurance Corporation of British Columbia) working in the dealership with plates to hand out and everything.

Old 04-19-2008, 03:41 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Most states honor the 30 days insurance rule. Some go overboard and make the switch for you. I personally don't like it, but I understand the reasoning. I have bought cars before and waited 1-2 weeks as well.

Originally Posted by edwards
why do you keep thinking this is fake and that your being tricked, you can clearly see that its real. i suppose the pictures in the dealership with everything torn out is staged as well to be part of the trick and that they just whipped everything back together afterwards.
I'm not questioning the fact that the truck is sitting in water, and water got in the cab. I am questioning the story of how it got ther

Old 04-19-2008, 05:49 PM
Originally Posted by Tylus
Most states honor the 30 days insurance rule. Some go overboard and make the switch for you. I personally don't like it, but I understand the reasoning. I have bought cars before and waited 1-2 weeks as well.

I'm not questioning the fact that the truck is sitting in water, and water got in the cab. I am questioning the story of how it got ther
It just goes to show you that there are some seriously *&^%% stupid people out there......& the worst part, is that they are breeding like roaches!.......

Old 04-19-2008, 07:35 PM

true, medical care is good enough now that Natural Selection can't do it's work. they just get cool scars

Old 04-20-2008, 02:13 AM
Its not that the truck isnt covered for those 30 days (its actually 10 days here in GA) but rather your current policy will automaticaly cover any new purchase for the first X of days after purchase, giving you time to get with your agent and get it set up and so on.

With that said...I SERIOUSLY doubt insurance would cover a truck you bog down and flood while off roading. If thats the case why wouldnt they cover a blown motor drag racing...basicaly the same thing. I know for a fact if my cars are involved in any sort of "motorsports or racing" (I think thats the quote) the insurance coverage is void. In other words if I carry one of my TAs to the drag strip and hit the wall...tuff ***** your not covered. I would asume that most insurance companies would clame the same thing here. I think his best bet would have been to report it stolen.....

Old 04-23-2008, 12:08 AM
OK, seriously somethign is wrong.... The truck is SPOTLESS and the engine compartment is full of mud? wtf? Wiring harnesses ruined by water? I THINK NOT.... IF that was the case then dry it out and its fine...
we had a 93 bronco on 35's upside down/on its side burried in mud, flooded interior....we just flipped it back over/pulled it out and drove it out of the woods....

A wire consists of some sort of sealed jacket (pvc, etc) and copper (usually) strands on the inside.... umm....how does water ruin wire? It doesnt. The only things it could affect would be connectors due to corrosion....umm dry it out; and 2: electronic compnents liek PCM, sensors, stc.... not wiring...

I seriously doubt that ANYTHING that would be THAT water sensitive would be just chillin under the frame rail fo the truck..... The water was only a lil bit over the floor level.....

$5000 for some carpet?

People have done a lot dumber things and been just fine.....regardless of what anyone else says... theres somethign not being said here.

WHY WOULD HE STOP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE PUDDLE AND LET IT BE? WHY WOULDNT HE ATTEMPT TO GET OUT?? HE OBVIOUSLY DIDNT CUZ THERES NO MUD ON THE TRUCK.... from spinning the tires to TRY to get out....
Mud in engine compartment = HIT PUDDLE HARD, VERY HARD... NO MUD ON TRUCK..... its BS!

In response to the comments about being a new truck... some people DO buy them for work, not just to keep all nice and purdy to get groceries in. Some of us take their trucks into jobsites, fields, mud and pull trailers and load the bed up with cargo....and use it for WORK. Trucks are DESIGNED to be WORKED HARD, they are not corvettes. Trucks are DESGINED to handle all terrains with mud, snow, rain, a reasonable amount of puddled water - lol. Its NOT uncommon for someone to immediately go to work or out mudding with a new truck. When I got my 2008 F250 the first thing I did was take it out and beat on it, before the papers were done.... I got my truck 20 days before I signed papers (dad worked at Ford) on a dealer plate and I went out in the mud, climbed ****, etc to make sure that my truck was going to handle all that I could throw at it. Then a week after I signed I had 2400lbs of Coal in the bed...and already had some light branch scratches from being in the woods..... oh well...its a truck. I definately take pride in keeping it clean too though, wash it weekly in the winter for the salt, etc. but Im not gonna cry if I get a scratch or some dirt on it.

Im not ranting, Im just saying Im tired of seeing people buy brand new f350 diesel crew cab trucks JUST to get groceries, that will NEVER see more than some garbage in the bed, and will NEVER pull a trailer...its such a waste of a truck... but HEY its THEIR waste NOT mine so I dont MIND it, but to hear THEM complain about gas mileage or scratches or some dirt/mud really does **** me off. If you can run with the big boys, buy yoursself a HONDA RIDGELINE. lol

Roger

Old 04-23-2008, 12:31 AM
Originally Posted by Tical84

Im just wondering how there is no mud on the hood but there is mud on top of the battery under that hood.

Old 04-23-2008, 01:42 AM

I now believe this drive was at least running when it was in the mud puddle.

this is quite common...the fan slings mud/water around once you start submerging it...been victim of it myself a few times

and I'll bet if we had a better angle of the hood, you'd see the mud stains are concentrated mostly near the front edge, above the hood

Old 04-23-2008, 01:51 AM
Contributor
Received 260 Likes on 251 Posts
That engine looks dinky in that truck... it needs a 6.4l upgrade.

Reminds me of my V6 F150...

Old 04-23-2008, 02:41 AM
Originally Posted by roger200x
WHY WOULD HE STOP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE PUDDLE AND LET IT BE? WHY WOULDNT HE ATTEMPT TO GET OUT?? HE OBVIOUSLY DIDNT CUZ THERES NO MUD ON THE TRUCK.... from spinning the tires to TRY to get out....
Mud in engine compartment = HIT PUDDLE HARD, VERY HARD... NO MUD ON TRUCK..... its BS!

Roger
oh i can think of one reason, same one my buddy did and called the winch out for. spinning tires usually means deeper in the hole. but he was stuck and knew it for damn sure. nothin like sitting the frame on a hidden rock. good ol tacoma got stuck :P
but then he has an amp on the floor, water hadn't submerged it yet.

Old 04-23-2008, 08:14 AM
Originally Posted by roger200x
................Its NOT uncommon for someone to immediately go to work or out mudding with a new truck. .............

The F150 owners manual says no towing for the first 500 miles.........

(I only know because I read that after I towed my camper up north when the truck was one week old.)

Old 04-23-2008, 09:22 AM
Originally Posted by A2SuperCrew
The F150 owners manual says no towing for the first 500 miles.........

(I only know because I read that after I towed my camper up north when the truck was one week old.)

ROFL!!! Thats funny...it also metions somethign about going slow around corners and how the truck can tip over, etc.. blah blah.... but I dont listen to that EITHER, lol.

There are tons of precautions they list to cover their own asses..... like McDonalds....CAUTION: Contents MAY be hot (i.e. 450 degrees)...lol

Old 04-23-2008, 11:07 AM
Contributor
Received 260 Likes on 251 Posts
I exceed my towing and loading specs by a lot on my F150.

They severely demerit these trucks by a lot.

Quick Reply: I promised I wouldn't post these but...