F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

11 to 12 MPG?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 10:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The first 80-90 miles of this tank were highway (got 20.2 as the high) the rest has been nothing but stop/go/around town miles. It has shown as low as 12.6 and as high as 20.2 this tank. It has just under 1/4 left and thats what shes reading tonight.

Old 04-22-2008, 02:10 PM
I was in the market for an 08 F250 about 6 months ago. I test drove a few which showed 9.5-10 mpg. My interest in them quickly changed immediately after that and decided to stay with my 05 F250. Several of my friends own 08 models and want to get rid of them and go back to pre-08 models because their MPG hovers around 9-10mpg. How is it that you guys can get 12-13+ MPG and we haven't? UNDER NORMAL DRIVING CONDITIONS OF COURSE

Old 04-22-2008, 02:17 PM
Originally Posted by Blown2run
I was in the market for an 08 F250 about 6 months ago. I test drove a few which showed 9.5-10 mpg. My interest in them quickly changed immediately after that and decided to stay with my 05 F250. Several of my friends own 08 models and want to get rid of them and go back to pre-08 models because their MPG hovers around 9-10mpg. How is it that you guys can get 12-13+ MPG and we haven't? UNDER NORMAL DRIVING CONDITIONS OF COURSE
Six months ago depending where you lived you were running Winter Blended Diesel, we still are.

As for pre 08's with the above, I am only getting 15 normal driving...i get 17 in the summer months with my 06 that is tuned for economy.

Old 04-22-2008, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Rolling Rock

Six months ago depending where you lived you were running Winter Blended Diesel, we still are

I understand this but my friends have owned their 08's since they first came out, early 07, and the MPG's have been the same all along. I too get 15+ on a daily basis and 17+ on highway with my 05 which is a hell of alot better than 9-10. Again, i'm just trying to figure out how the 08 owners on here get such good MPG's. I love the look and feel of the 08's but I cannot justify upgrading with 9-10mpg and today's fuel prices.

Old 04-22-2008, 04:17 PM
Originally Posted by Blown2run
my friends have owned their 08's since they first came out, early 07, and the MPG's have been the same all along
Have they/do they reset the MPG average? Don't get me wrong, I filled up last night and have not been on HWY since the fill up, and mine is currently showing 11.9. I have been driving pretty hard since last night, and it has ALL beein light to light "in town" use. If I use the pedal "normal" then it would likely be 12+, but I have been the first vehicle away from every light, and the only thing to pass me after take off was a brand new Viper about an hour ago
I can easily get the MPG average down to single digits if I drive like this much, otherwise I drive like most other vehicles on the road and get 12-13 at least, if not 14-15.

Old 04-22-2008, 04:33 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by RollingRock
Summer blend is almost here, you should start getting better and better MPG's

Summer blend is already being worked in here in TX right now.

Caught the gas supplier yesterday and asked him...it will take up to 3 months to get the blend back in circulation.
Then what he was saying is that they have 3 months worth of Diesel for the entire country?!?

Old 04-22-2008, 10:49 PM
Ronnie, you would probably get better fuel mileage if you didn't do burnouts on the parking lot at work , and if you weren't always trying to outrun my Lightning...........I'm just saying............

Old 04-23-2008, 07:41 AM
if ill get off my wallett and get that sct tune with the stage 5 edge injectors i wont have to "try" any more.......

Old 05-02-2008, 08:01 AM
Foel MPG

Originally Posted by ronniec24
I THINK I FOUND THE AWNSER TO THIS FUEL ,MILEAGE FOOLISHNESS CHECK THIS RECALL FOR PCM http://www.fordforum.com/ford/make_F...904/Recall.htm
This message is in respone to the Ford Recal. This was for the Job 1 trucks. I have a friend who is a tech at Ford and said that by the time job2 were built this issue was repaired

Old 05-02-2008, 12:11 PM
Al I know is this...a week and a half before I took my truck in for repairs, I tuned it back to stock and drove it for a week and a half to let it relearn all the programs and to let it acquire any codes that might be present. When I took it to them, the dealer called me and asked me if it was "tuned" because it was "the strongest running 08 F250 they had seen". I told him that it was stock. Later that day, the service rep called me and told me that when they hooked up their computer to the truck, they "shorted out" the TCM and they were going to have to replace it. They said that it would take 3 days to get a new TCM and that once they did, the tech would have to do "extensive reprogramming". When I got the truck back, it was noticeably weaker than before I took it in and the fuel mileage went up from about 12 MPG to about 13 MPG. It seems to me that they flashed the computer in the truck to a newer milder tune that seems to get better mileage. I am sure that if/when I decide to install the Superchips tune again, it will be just as strong as it was before. I am still debating doing that.

Quick Reply: 11 to 12 MPG?