F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Spray in Bedliner vs Plastic

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 02:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jjmIII
I had the drop-in-liner out of my 98 right before I sold it last year. It was in there since new.......there was no rust or problems that the "spray in lovers" talk about. Yes it was scratched under there, but who cares??

When I bought my 05, I had to take the 2 year old drop-in out because the previous owner put it in over the tie-downs. It looked amazingly good under there. The paint was all still intact, and the guy used the truck to clean up construction sites.

There is nothing wrong with drop-ins, unless your the (((((PROUD))))) owner of a spray-in.

I like the look of line-x, but that doesn't mean a drop-in will ruin your truck.

The drop-in in my 98 150 trapped water and I had rust and some other stuff in there. That's why I opted to try the spray-in. I'd do it again in a heart beat.

Besides, when anyone upgrades to a better set-up they should be ((((PROUD))))

The disadvantages of a drop-in definately outweigh the disadvantages of a spray-in.

You write "...but that doesn't mean a drop-in will ruin your truck." - I would hope not!

Last edited by Pagnew; 05-11-2008 at 02:28 PM.
Old 05-11-2008, 08:52 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Pagnew
Chunks? Man, I'd talk to your Line-X dealer. Scarps and maybe gouges, but 'chunks' - Yikes!
oh i will when it runs again. but then a tractor loadin that heavy axle... cant expect too much to withstand that gouging.

Old 05-11-2008, 08:54 PM
The "better" set-up is strictly your opinion.
The drop in serves many of us well and has for many years. The spray in serves a lot of people well, also. For me, it is a "it does what I need it to do and cost is a lot less than a spray in".
I find great humor in the fact that because some guys pay a lot of money for something it is better. In reality, what it all comes down to is the fact that it is your money, spend it how you like. If it works for you then it was money well spent.
I've seen spray in liners that allowed the bed to get dented and big chunks were missing out of the bed. For what I use my truck for, the drop in has served me well. Good luck with your spray in, or your drop in. Spend your money how you wish.
Rich

Old 05-11-2008, 09:03 PM
i got a screaming deal. full bed and full rocker panel/fender flare spray job. 700. usually they would do rockers for that much.

Old 05-11-2008, 09:53 PM
Originally Posted by hikerrich
The "better" set-up is strictly your opinion.
The drop in serves many of us well and has for many years. The spray in serves a lot of people well, also. For me, it is a "it does what I need it to do and cost is a lot less than a spray in".
I find great humor in the fact that because some guys pay a lot of money for something it is better. In reality, what it all comes down to is the fact that it is your money, spend it how you like. If it works for you then it was money well spent.
I've seen spray in liners that allowed the bed to get dented and big chunks were missing out of the bed. For what I use my truck for, the drop in has served me well. Good luck with your spray in, or your drop in. Spend your money how you wish.
Rich
For me it is 'better' and correct - that is my opinion - had both and would go spray-in again over a drop-in. It had nothing to do with money. Just on what I wanted and expected out of what option would serve me best.

I find the humor in 'absolutes'

Old 05-11-2008, 10:08 PM
Originally Posted by jjmIII
There is nothing wrong with drop-ins, unless your the (((((PROUD))))) owner of a spray-in.

I like the look of line-x, but that doesn't mean a drop-in will ruin your truck.
Exactly...you just have to understand that all the LineX guys have to justify their purchases by preaching the LineX marketing pamphlet. LineX claims that it is better and charges four times more for it, so it certainly must be better. Then all the people who buy it band together and reaffirm how much better it is with each other. I stand by my decision to buy a drop-in liner for $119. This is my sixth truck I have owned and every one has had a drop-in liner. I have never dented a bed in any truck. I have never noticed any serious rust under a drop-in bedliner. I think that drop-ins look just as good as a spray-on. That's my opinion. If I am just as happy with a $119 drop-in as a person with a $500 spray-on is, then I know I made the right decision for me.

Old 05-11-2008, 10:44 PM
Originally Posted by freekyFX4
Exactly...you just have to understand that all the LineX guys have to justify their purchases by preaching the LineX marketing pamphlet. LineX claims that it is better and charges four times more for it, so it certainly must be better. Then all the people who buy it band together and reaffirm how much better it is with each other. I stand by my decision to buy a drop-in liner for $119. This is my sixth truck I have owned and every one has had a drop-in liner. I have never dented a bed in any truck. I have never noticed any serious rust under a drop-in bedliner. I think that drop-ins look just as good as a spray-on. That's my opinion. If I am just as happy with a $119 drop-in as a person with a $500 spray-on is, then I know I made the right decision for me.

That's a good one - preaching the pamphlet

Well...Glad you wish to use a drop-in. They are cheap to manufacture and install and will work for what you feel you need them to work as. As stated earlier. The disadvantages of a drop-in outweigh the disadvantages of a spray-in. Sorry - just fact, not proud bias or justification. Glad you made the right decision for yourself...Glad I made the right decision for myself

Freeky - you write "Then all the people who buy it band together and reaffirm how much better it is with each other". No, not really, the OP wanted opinion and we are doing just that. It seems more like you and some others are feeling 'hacked-on' thereby feeling the need to attack back. Whatever...

I guess Ford probably just read the pamphlet and decided to offer the 'Tough Bed' option for the '09s without really actually testing it.

Last edited by Pagnew; 05-12-2008 at 09:33 AM.
Old 05-12-2008, 11:54 AM
Originally Posted by Pagnew
Freeky - you write "Then all the people who buy it band together and reaffirm how much better it is with each other". No, not really, the OP wanted opinion and we are doing just that. It seems more like you and some others are feeling 'hacked-on' thereby feeling the need to attack back. Whatever.
Correct...he wanted opinions. And as long as the opinion was that a spray-in is better (it must be since it costs more, right?) then everything was fine. The problem is that the LineX guys can't stand to think that a person with a drop-in could possibly be happy. Wrong. But then I guess if I had spent $500 for something so worthless, I would feel the need to justify it too. It costs more so it must be better... LineX knows who their target buyer is. I'm just not one of those sheep who believes everything that LineX puts in the pamphlet.

Old 05-12-2008, 01:50 PM
lol pamphlet preaching? i didnt do any of that. i just wanted something that would'nt have the chance of rubbing the paint off like my dads 93's drop in did and let mud n crap under it. just my preference. plus, it takes its abuse pretty well. i like being able to load my bike in a wet bed without slipping.

Old 05-12-2008, 07:14 PM
Originally Posted by freekyFX4
Correct...he wanted opinions. And as long as the opinion was that a spray-in is better (it must be since it costs more, right?) then everything was fine. The problem is that the LineX guys can't stand to think that a person with a drop-in could possibly be happy. Wrong. But then I guess if I had spent $500 for something so worthless, I would feel the need to justify it too. It costs more so it must be better... LineX knows who their target buyer is. I'm just not one of those sheep who believes everything that LineX puts in the pamphlet.
OK - I get it, you're not a sheep...and your happy.

You write "The problem is that the LineX guys can't stand to think that a person with a drop-in could possibly be happy" - who said that? I see it posted where people who had a drop-in didn't like it and decided to go with the spray-in. So?...

Hilarious stuff

Whatever...

Last edited by Pagnew; 05-12-2008 at 09:59 PM.

Quick Reply: Spray in Bedliner vs Plastic