F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Did any of the year 2000+ diesel's come with a standard transmission?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 11:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did any of the year 2000+ diesel's come with a standard transmission?

i have been looking thru here and some other resources and cant find the answer. I'd like to trade my current 2003 in and get one, but im having no luck finding if they even extist.

and before its asked, the standard transmission thing is my preference, i dont want to startup any of those discussions.

Thanks!

Old 06-25-2008, 12:47 PM
Yes, although they are very rare and usually have little to no options... But there are a few out there, even Lariats.

Old 06-25-2008, 02:36 PM
hmm.. no options is a bumper

well if they exist theres gotta be a few in south florida, we all kinds here

Old 06-25-2008, 09:28 PM
Originally Posted by Zaairman
Yes, although they are very rare and usually have little to no options... But there are a few out there, even Lariats.

WTF are you talking about?!?!?! They are anything BUT rare and were abundant in almost any trim level. They only thing they weren't used in was the Platinum special edition trucks, but those are rare. The 6spd was the std transmission in the XL, XLT, and Lariat trucks. The auto was a $2000 option.

About the only time they're rare is if you're in a really yuppie area where nobody can figure out how to run a stick. If you can't find a PSD with a 6spd you're just flat out not looking hard enough.

Quick Reply: Did any of the year 2000+ diesel's come with a standard transmission?