F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Recalibrating speedo for larger tires

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 02:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Recalibrating speedo for larger tires

Well, the dealership said they can't recalibrate for the 37" tires on my '08 F250. They tried several times and said they called the main Ford tech, and they said that because it is not in their list of specific tire sizes, I will have to go after market to get the speedo recalibrated.

I've noticed a bunch of dealerships selling brand new superduty's with lifts and 37's on them, and I'm sure they aren't sending them out the door with wrong speedometers. I'm getting free miles for warranty sake, but I'd like it to be right. What are my options here? I'm not interested in a custom tuner for performance or gas mileage, but I'm thinking that'll be the only option for me.

Any insite? Is my dealership passing the buck on this? They did all the work lifting it, so I figured they should have taken care of this part as well.

Old 07-02-2008, 10:49 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm in the same boat. I have an 08 f250 with 35's on it and realized last night the speedo was NOT recalibrated as I was told.

If you just want to fix the speedo and odometer, superchips makes a tirepaq and pro comp makes a tire correcting programmer (the name escapes me at the moment). Both run around 200 bucks. You may want to consider a full fledged programmer.

I looked at these last week, but I cant remember if I saw that they works with 08 250's.

Old 07-02-2008, 01:20 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
Mine is also wrong because the factory put the wrong size tires on my truck...

Old 07-17-2008, 03:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford is correct- they can't go over a certain size (rev per mile) on the factory pcm uploader. you will need to get an Edge or a XCal type tuner to put in the proper revolutions for your speedo to be correct.

Quick Reply: Recalibrating speedo for larger tires