F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

battery cable$$$$

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 10:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
battery cable$$$$

i needed a new battery cable on my o3 f250 7.3. the clamp on the pos. terminal rotted away. previous owner didt take care of it. ford quoted $250 for it since it connects to both batterys and its 8 feet long. Dont really have the cash for it because i took a lower paying job so my wife would have to drive daughter 2 hours to a hospital.

The larrge pos wire than runs from starter to pos turminal connecter is the one that rotted and you just cant replace connecter so i chooped both wires that connect to it. then the larger wire i connected to clamp and used one of those crimping connecters for the smaller wire. it seems safe but is there any danger with it. I dont want it to short and catch fire. any suggestions on weither to replace or it should be ok. anywere to find i cheep one cause junk yards here dont have them.

thanks

Old 07-04-2008, 02:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why can't you just put new battery clamps on the wire?? They're like $5 for a pack of em at the auto parts store. If its the wire you need, Advance sells battery main wiring for like $2 a foot.

Quick Reply: battery cable$$$$