F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

08 Super Duty Owners, be sure to drain your water!

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 09:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 Super Duty Owners, be sure to drain your water!

Well, I dropped off the truck at the dealer last week before we headed out to Seabrook Island for the week. It had a rattle in the engine, which turned out to be a loose bracket of some sort. After I dropped off the truck, I took the Edge back up there for an oil change in the Quick Lane (they're free for the first 36,000 miles). I was talking to one of the service writers, and this is what he said to me. He asked "Has your water in the fuel light ever come on?" I said "No, I drain the water out about every month." He says "Good, because if that light ever comes on, it voids your warranty on the engine...but you didn't hear that from me". I smiled and thanked him. I don't know if this is true, but I assume that once that light comes on, it is stored in the ECU forever. Maybe one of the diesel techs here can confirm or deny this.

Old 07-06-2008, 12:38 AM
Not sure about the voided warranty part. I own a trucking company and most places you buy your fuel is going to have water in it. That is why you have the water separator. You do need to drain it though. I could be wrong.

Old 07-06-2008, 09:25 AM
Im going to call BS on this one. Its came on several times on our 05 450 rescue truck and no one at the dealer has said a word about it.

Old 07-06-2008, 11:13 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Sounds misleading to me?................

Old 07-06-2008, 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by Frmboybuck
Im going to call BS on this one. Its came on several times on our 05 450 rescue truck and no one at the dealer has said a word about it.
All I am doing is repeating what a service writer told me. I drain mine and the light has never come on. I personally have never noticed any water in what I drain out. It always looks like pure diesel to me. I guess I just use good quality diesel.

Old 07-06-2008, 01:29 PM
How does one go about performing this task?? Does anyone have a link that shows, explains, and locates where to drain the water? I feel like a rookie all over again. I have so much to learn with the dieselas compared to my Gas powered vehicles I own and have owned.

Old 07-06-2008, 04:25 PM
Lay on your back and slide under the drivers door on the ground. Next to the frame you will see a short yellow hose and a small yellow thumb valve. Have something like a coffee can close under the little hose and turn.

This is a water separator and it should have a element in it that catches the water. You just have to drain it so it will work properly. I think but do not know for sure that they change this filter when you get a service done.

That being said, I could be completely wrong. Works along the same lines as a Air Dryer on a truck does.

Old 07-22-2008, 08:22 PM
Originally Posted by rstu740
Booklet for Virgin Tour to TibetTraveling Tibet is most people’s dream in their life. However, some preparation is necessary for your virgin tour to Tibet. tibet travel To every alien tourist, Tibet Entry permit is a primary. For Tibet Entry permit, TTB (Tibet Tourism Bureau) does not accept any individual to apply for Tibet Entry permit, but only travel agencies are allowed to apply Tibet Entry permit for alien tourist. At the same time, TTB (Tibet Tourism Bureau) forbids travel agencies to provide Tibet Entry permit only service. Tibet Entry permit must be sold with tour itinerary, tour guide, transportation and accommodation.Next is to make a proper tour itinerary for your virgin tour to Tibet. However, it is not an easy work. If you want to get a thorough understanding of Tibet, you have to have a great amount of time. A good tour itinerary for your virgin tour to Tibet is to cover some ordinary scenery spots. You could first travel around the capital city of Tibet Autonomous Region, Lhasa. The signature of Lhasa is the Potala Palace. At the same time, the Barkhor Street, the Jokhang Temple, the Norbulingka Garden, the Sera Monastery, and the Drepund Monastery are all the famous spots well worth visiting.tibet toursAfter the tour in Lhasa, three other ordinary tour itineraries are recommended:Firstly is the tour to Lake Namtso. The distance between Lake Namtso and Lhasa is not very far. However, if you want to do the tour within one day, you have to drive on for about 8 to 9 hours. But it is a good idea to overnight at the lake side enjoying the beautiful sunrise and sun set. Because the altitude of Lake Namtso is about 4700 meters, it will be a huge challenge to your health to have a night at Namtso. Second tour itinerary is from Lhasa to Nyingchi. Spending two days, you could finish the ordinary scenery spots such as the Basum Lake Scenic Zone. However, if you have one day more, you could go to the Lunang forest which is called the Swiss in Tibet. There, you could enjoy the tranquil holy mountain Namjagbarwa. Along the way to Lunang forest, you could have a close look at the Niyang River and the grandest Canyon, Brahmaputra Grand Canyon.http://www.travelwestchina.com/tibet travel The third tour itinerary is to the “World Third Pole” Mt. Everest. This tour itinerary will go from Shigatse and Tingri to Mt. Everest Base Camp. In Shigatse, you could visit Tashilungpo Monastery which is known as one of the four monasteries of Gelug Sect of Tibetan Buddhism and Zongshan Anti-British Battle Ruins in Gyantse. However, your final destination is the base camp of Mt. Everest. There, the splendid Mt. Everest will stand in front of you. Meanwhile, you could enjoy the sunrise at the Rongbu Monastery. What’s more, walk to Rongbu Monastery from Tingri will bring you much fun.These three tour itineraries are the good choice for your virgin tour to Tibet. If the train ticket to Tibet is available, taking the train to Tibet is the best choice. Sitting on the Tibet train, enjoying the unique scenery along the Qinghai-Tibet Railway and watching the Tibetan antelope will leave you unforgettable memory.Another psychological preparation for your Tibet tour is the lack of oxygen on high altitude. Different people have different high altitude reaction. However, one or two day acclimatization is necessary. Rest in the hotel, do not do serious sport and do not bathe are the way to acclimatize to the high altitude. If you got serious high altitude sickness, breath some pure oxygen is usually a common way to deal with it. But, do not overdo that. If you are addicted to the oxygen, you could not do without it on the high altitude. However, normally, one will get used to high altitude after half-day acclimatization.http://www.pan-tibet.com
Wow, spam...it's what's for dinner tonight! Mmmmmmm, good!

Old 07-22-2008, 08:36 PM
Originally Posted by freekyFX4
Wow, spam...it's what's for dinner tonight! Mmmmmmm, good!
lol ya wtf is up with that...

Old 07-23-2008, 12:16 AM
glad I don't have a 'real' engine (inside joke w/ F4X4 and I)

Last edited by Pagnew; 07-23-2008 at 12:19 AM.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:24 PM
Originally Posted by Pagnew
glad I don't have a 'real' engine (inside joke w/ F4X4 and I)
Yeah, it is a shame. I know you have regrets. You can admit it. You don't have to be afraid. The truth will set you free!

Old 07-23-2008, 10:17 PM
Originally Posted by freekyFX4
Yeah, it is a shame. I know you have regrets. You can admit it. You don't have to be afraid. The truth will set you free!
always comin' up with good ones Nah, I'll stick with my reliable, easy to maintain, lowly V10

Be good pard!

Sooo - who's going to Tibet??

Quick Reply: 08 Super Duty Owners, be sure to drain your water!