F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Engine cleanin'

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 11:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Engine cleanin'

Folks...I'd like to get the engine lookin' sparkly clean! What's the best way to wash the motor without hiccups...Please advise! I usually spray the 'GUNK' on my 'stang motor and spray off, but I don't know with these modern engines if that is still the way to do it.

Last edited by Pagnew; 07-11-2008 at 09:24 AM.
Old 07-12-2008, 12:56 PM
What? Nobody cleans motors anymore ~ BTT

Old 07-12-2008, 02:47 PM
Avoid using pressure washer..

I spray (windex bottle or garden sprayer) Simple Green undiluted on and let sit for a 15-30minutes. Then rinse off with hose.

This seems to be the most popular with the radio Car Shows.

Old 07-15-2008, 08:01 PM
Thanks for replyin' ~ guess the other hombres have spiders, squirrels and birds nests growin' under their hoods!

Old 07-15-2008, 08:31 PM
Originally Posted by Pagnew
Thanks for replyin' ~ guess the other hombres have spiders, squirrels and birds nests growin' under their hoods!
Nah, I just never get enough miles on a vehicle to have to clean the engine. Plus, I park my cars in my garage at night and I don't live in the north. No snow, no salt, and very little messy weather here. Every once in a while, I will pop the hood at the local carwash and spray off the engine just to get the dust off.

Old 07-15-2008, 09:14 PM
Originally Posted by freekyFX4
Nah, I just never get enough miles on a vehicle to have to clean the engine. Plus, I park my cars in my garage at night and I don't live in the north. No snow, no salt, and very little messy weather here. Every once in a while, I will pop the hood at the local carwash and spray off the engine just to get the dust off.

Since I actually use my truck as a truck and use 4X4 for it's intended purpose it see's alot of off road in mud and dusty farm environments. I need a bit more than a tinkle at the car wash ~ but thanks anyway.

Old 07-15-2008, 11:50 PM
Since I actually use my truck as a truck and use 4X4 for it's intended purpose it see's alot of off road in mud and dusty farm environments. I need a bit more than a tinkle at the car wash ~ but thanks anyway.
Yeah, that plus the fact that the engine under your hood doesn't fill the entire engine bay would be the reason your engine gets so much dirtier. I have driven through some crap and my engine still looks like brand new. Of course, you can't see through to the ground when you look under my hood! If you had a real engine, you would know something about that!

Old 07-16-2008, 01:08 PM
Also, if you spray it off every time you wash the truck, it will never get so dirty that you need to do anything special. I usually spray mine off with the engine running.

Old 07-16-2008, 07:49 PM
Yeah, that plus the fact that the engine under your hood doesn't fill the entire engine bay would be the reason your engine gets so much dirtier. I have driven through some crap and my engine still looks like brand new. Of course, you can't see through to the ground when you look under my hood! If you had a real engine, you would know something about that!
Ok Slick....

Last edited by Pagnew; 07-16-2008 at 08:55 PM.
Old 07-16-2008, 07:51 PM
Also, if you spray it off every time you wash the truck, it will never get so dirty that you need to do anything special. I usually spray mine off with the engine running.
Yeah...right... to get the 'dust' off.

Enjoy 'princess', take her for a walk, and don't forget to do the toe nails too...

Again..Very appreciative Scruge for the constructive reply. It worked out nice!

Last edited by Pagnew; 07-16-2008 at 08:56 PM.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:09 PM
Yeah...right... to get the 'dust' off.

Enjoy 'princess', take her for a walk, and don't forget to do the toe nails too...
Lol...she appreciates the thoughfulness. My 17th anniversary is in a week and I am going to get her a spa treatment thanks to you. (The wife, that is.) The truck got to bring home two scoops of mulch today to put around the shrub beds. The guy at the nursery told me that my truck was too nice to be hauling mulch. I agree!

Old 07-17-2008, 07:26 AM
Lol...she appreciates the thoughfulness. My 17th anniversary is in a week and I am going to get her a spa treatment thanks to you. (The wife, that is.) The truck got to bring home two scoops of mulch today to put around the shrub beds. The guy at the nursery told me that my truck was too nice to be hauling mulch. I agree!
Not quite 4X4 or even tough application, but at least your putting something in the bed to haul

Congrats and Enjoy your anniversary! and your 'nice' truck

Last edited by Pagnew; 07-19-2008 at 12:54 PM.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:23 PM
Originally Posted by rstu740
Booklet for Virgin Tour to TibetTraveling Tibet is most people’s dream in their life. However, some preparation is necessary for your virgin tour to Tibet. tibet travel To every alien tourist, Tibet Entry permit is a primary. For Tibet Entry permit, TTB (Tibet Tourism Bureau) does not accept any individual to apply for Tibet Entry permit, but only travel agencies are allowed to apply Tibet Entry permit for alien tourist. At the same time, TTB (Tibet Tourism Bureau) forbids travel agencies to provide Tibet Entry permit only service. Tibet Entry permit must be sold with tour itinerary, tour guide, transportation and accommodation.Next is to make a proper tour itinerary for your virgin tour to Tibet. However, it is not an easy work. If you want to get a thorough understanding of Tibet, you have to have a great amount of time. A good tour itinerary for your virgin tour to Tibet is to cover some ordinary scenery spots. You could first travel around the capital city of Tibet Autonomous Region, Lhasa. The signature of Lhasa is the Potala Palace. At the same time, the Barkhor Street, the Jokhang Temple, the Norbulingka Garden, the Sera Monastery, and the Drepund Monastery are all the famous spots well worth visiting.tibet toursAfter the tour in Lhasa, three other ordinary tour itineraries are recommended:Firstly is the tour to Lake Namtso. The distance between Lake Namtso and Lhasa is not very far. However, if you want to do the tour within one day, you have to drive on for about 8 to 9 hours. But it is a good idea to overnight at the lake side enjoying the beautiful sunrise and sun set. Because the altitude of Lake Namtso is about 4700 meters, it will be a huge challenge to your health to have a night at Namtso. Second tour itinerary is from Lhasa to Nyingchi. Spending two days, you could finish the ordinary scenery spots such as the Basum Lake Scenic Zone. However, if you have one day more, you could go to the Lunang forest which is called the Swiss in Tibet. There, you could enjoy the tranquil holy mountain Namjagbarwa. Along the way to Lunang forest, you could have a close look at the Niyang River and the grandest Canyon, Brahmaputra Grand Canyon.http://www.travelwestchina.com/tibet travel The third tour itinerary is to the “World Third Pole” Mt. Everest. This tour itinerary will go from Shigatse and Tingri to Mt. Everest Base Camp. In Shigatse, you could visit Tashilungpo Monastery which is known as one of the four monasteries of Gelug Sect of Tibetan Buddhism and Zongshan Anti-British Battle Ruins in Gyantse. However, your final destination is the base camp of Mt. Everest. There, the splendid Mt. Everest will stand in front of you. Meanwhile, you could enjoy the sunrise at the Rongbu Monastery. What’s more, walk to Rongbu Monastery from Tingri will bring you much fun.These three tour itineraries are the good choice for your virgin tour to Tibet. If the train ticket to Tibet is available, taking the train to Tibet is the best choice. Sitting on the Tibet train, enjoying the unique scenery along the Qinghai-Tibet Railway and watching the Tibetan antelope will leave you unforgettable memory.Another psychological preparation for your Tibet tour is the lack of oxygen on high altitude. Different people have different high altitude reaction. However, one or two day acclimatization is necessary. Rest in the hotel, do not do serious sport and do not bathe are the way to acclimatize to the high altitude. If you got serious high altitude sickness, breath some pure oxygen is usually a common way to deal with it. But, do not overdo that. If you are addicted to the oxygen, you could not do without it on the high altitude. However, normally, one will get used to high altitude after half-day acclimatization.http://www.pan-tibet.com
Mmmmmmmmm....more spam!

Old 07-23-2008, 12:03 AM
Yeah - I reported it, but doesn't seem to matter...

Quick Reply: Engine cleanin'