F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Toneau "Bed Cover" suggestions...

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 01:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Toneau "Bed Cover" suggestions...

hey guys, im in the market for a bed cover. Im looking at one of the Tri-fold covers but im concerned if I need to put something in the bed where i would need to use the full bed that the tri fold will get in the way, unless it folds up against the cab. What do you guys suggest? I use to have a Truxedo cover I liked it because it couldnt be opened unless the tail gate was open, but I disliked the velcro. Post what you have and how you like it. If you have pics awesome post them up too.. thanks guys..

Old 07-23-2008, 01:45 AM
anyone???

Old 07-23-2008, 11:25 AM
I used to have a Truxedo LoPro on my F150. I liked the ability to roll it up out of the way, and the bed stayed dry when the cover was closed. However, I was always concerned about how easy it would be for someone to cut into it. That is the main reason I decided against a soft cover for my F-250.
I currently have a Pace Edwards JackRabbit rolltop on my 250. I like the ability to open it all the way or lock into position every 12". I also like the lock feature, and that it has aluminum under the vinyl skin for security.

My dislikes are ------
Canister takes up approx 9" at front of bed (still have storage under canister for firewood on camping trips).
The cover ripples in the wind while driving, making an annoying aluminum rattle (can only hear this if I have rear sliding window open).
When it rains, the front two corners and along the tailgate get wet. This normally would not be a huge problem, but I have a BedRug, and it will stay wet until I open the cover up to let it dry.

It is a nice cover, but I will look for other options when I replace it.

Last edited by BIG_BLUE_FX4; 07-23-2008 at 11:27 AM.
Old 07-23-2008, 11:33 AM
I have the extang trifecta on mine. I like it.

Pros: Lightweight. It is quick to install and take off for larger loads. isn't to pricey

Cons: The fasteners that hold the lid down by the tailgate are spring loaded. With a locked tailgate you can still lift the end up about 3 inches to see whats in the bed, of if there is anything worth cutting the top to get. you can run a ratchet strap from the corners to your tie downs to eliminate this.

The cover is also a soft cover with no support (think lund covers) so you can't really set anything on top of it while you open a door, or drop the tailgate.

I'd buy it again as I only need a cover through parts of the winter.

Old 07-23-2008, 12:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was going to buy this one over the weekend, but I decided to wait 2 more weeks. Timing will be better.

This cover is awesome.

Old 07-23-2008, 01:21 PM
Originally Posted by rednoved
I was going to buy this one over the weekend, but I decided to wait 2 more weeks. Timing will be better.

This cover is awesome.

who makes that cover???

Old 07-23-2008, 01:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Truck Covers USA. Its a little pricey, but I think its worth it. Somebody just got one for their 250 recently on here.

Truck Covers USA website

Quick Reply: Toneau "Bed Cover" suggestions...