F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

ROLLED my 2008 F250 Superduty!

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008 | 08:56 PM
|
ROLLED my 2008 F250 Superduty!

lol it was the best ever. I pulled over to turn around and the bank was like all mud under some grass.... the bank completely disentigrated and MUD SLIDE! The truck slid righ in the ditch on its right side!!! I folded in the mirror before it broke...

Its now sitting at a 45 degree or steeper angle - right side against the right side of the ditch right front tire and rim are GONE in the mud left tires only HALF touching the road!!!

The truck was down in this stupid ditch FULL of mud...

I have a standard THANK GOD.... and Brand New Good Year Silent Armor Pro Grade tires.... these 2 things saved my @$$!

The ditch tapered skinnier and shallower as I went backwards....

I got the truck to rock back and fort using Reverse and Low on the left side of the shift pattern (straight up and straight down). I gradually got the truck to back up and wedged 2 flat rocks under the left rear tire cuz it was more off the ground.

I actually got the damn thing backed up enough and slammed it in low and drove it up the bank out of the ditch...

I couldnt believe that it came out!

As far as the truck.............

Scratches on the front right fender and passenger front door.... other than that NOTHING... well unless you count the broken plastic piece that holds the stupid plastic bumper flashing under the chrome bumper...

I never would have believed that I could get out.... I credit the tires completely for being so good.... after this I know I can truly almost get through anything... I cant wait to try out them some more! lol I wonder what will last longer.....the tires or the truck... rofl...

Well, thats my good year advertisement and my story.... its not AS exciting as some, but I was truly amazed that my truck didnt have to be winched out or get dented up.

Roger

Old 11-03-2008 | 09:02 PM
That's crazy!

Old 11-03-2008 | 09:16 PM
no pictures? WTF!

Old 11-03-2008 | 09:29 PM
Originally Posted by Paralyzer
no pictures? WTF!
Yeah, the only story I believe with out pics is the Bible!

Ppost 'em when ya can!

Old 11-03-2008 | 09:56 PM
Suspended
did any one stop? and im sure anyone staring watching you trying to get out had a good laugh and a pretty big shock when you got it out. you going to go thru insurance and have it fixed?

same thing kinda happened to me a few months back except i didn't flip thank god. i was gonna just throw some mud on the side of the road and i gave it a little gas and truck just slid into a ditch. my friend grabbed anything he could cuz he thought we were going over. after about 20 minutes of trying to move we gave up and waited for someone with a tow strap to yank me out. it took a 2500 hd 4x4 to pull me out and my left side was actually not sunk, my right side on the other hand i couldn't see half my wheels/tires and the subframe was completely covered under mud. spent alot of time cleaning up the truck before i went home lol

Last edited by 06yz250f; 11-03-2008 at 10:00 PM.
Old 11-03-2008 | 09:57 PM
No pics then it didnt happen

Old 11-04-2008 | 12:57 AM
Wow, glad you're alright. I think I would cry...

Old 11-04-2008 | 10:36 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by freekyFX4
Wow, glad you're alright. I think I would cry...

i sure would, good job managing to get it out by yourself, id be proud of my truck if i could get it out of there.

Old 11-04-2008 | 10:39 AM
That sucks, good story to tell though. Pictures?

Old 11-04-2008 | 08:00 PM
|
I have a cell phone pic of the ditch I went in and the mud and you can see the tracks... but no pics of the truck in the ditch.

I can easily get pics of the scratches.... no big deal.

I was so PISSED and then pumped when I got it to rock back and forth....

I never imagined it would come out or I would have taken pics....

I was too excited about trying to get it out...

A guy in a F350 diesel went buy and didnt even slow down.... bastard.

I am proud of my truck and my tires..... my f150 would STILL be in there lol.... the 250 on the other hand REALLY surprised me!

Cant recommend the tires/truck combo any more....

Ill try to post the crappy cell phone pic i have of the ditch.

No Im not doing the insurance thing...Im just gonna try buffing the scratches and/or get the scratch fix clear stuff.....

Im not in it for any recognition.... or I would have taken TONS of pics and had a truck pull it out and then lied and said I got it out... lol

I just wanted to share my experience with everyone....

and offer this... If you think its stuck you are F'ed... but If you believe you can get it out... you might be able to. The wife was PISSED and screaming at me lol... STOP... YOUR GONNA MAKE IT WORSE, YOUR GONAN **** IT UP! lol I showed her! silence woman.... men are talking! lmao...

Roger

Old 11-04-2008 | 10:15 PM
wicked man lol but glad your alright and your truck bc a brand new 08 like others said i would have cried. and something like that could of went bad really quick but good thing it didnt

Old 11-04-2008 | 10:32 PM
So you didn't actually roll the truck (it kind of has to be on its side or roof for that) and instead it just slid down into a little ditch and you then drove out of it. Gotcha.

I was hoping for some decent carnage when I clicked on the thread.

Old 11-05-2008 | 10:09 AM
So, let's recap.

Rolling your truck = driving it into a ditch.

Goodyear tires = crap.

Well, 1 out of 2 right isn't bad...

Old 11-05-2008 | 08:59 PM
|
FACT: Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor Pro Grade are the #1 rated tire for on road use in mud, snow, ice, dry, and wet traction and wear combined - not #1 in each category but #1 over all.

All the tires I see you guys run are not rated high for snow/ice and they wear fast. I put 40,000-50,000 miles per year on my trucks so I cant be buying tires every 3-4 months. I did ALOT of research and asked ALOT of people before buying my tires. I picked the tire I wanted and then ordered them at the chepest price I could...

Actually I DID roll my truck, it was on its right SIDE... the whole right door/side was rolled over onto a bank with the left tires BARELY touching the ground on the inside only. - and thats cuz it slid further down that they actually touched.

Old 11-05-2008 | 10:04 PM
Moderator &
It's a technicality... rolling... leaning... it's subjective. You have to admit, roger... the thread title screams of pictures of a truck sitting on the roof with all four in the air. Cool story though... impressive.

Quick Reply: ROLLED my 2008 F250 Superduty!