F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Exterior lights

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 09:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exterior lights

I HAVE A 2005 FORD F-250 SUPERDUTY DIESEL AND WHEN I UNLOCK IT WITH THE KEYLESS REMOTE THE INTERIOR LIGHTS TURN ON BUT NOT THE EXTERIOR ONES. tHE LIGHT SWITCH ALWAYS STAYS ON AUTOLAMP, DOES ANYONE KNOW WHY THIS HAPPENS? WE HAVE A 2005 F-150 AND A 2008 F-250 SUPERDUTY AND BOTH TURN THE EXTERIOR LIGHTS ON WHEN UNLOCKING? THANKS

Old 12-28-2008, 10:15 PM
Originally Posted by 2005F250
I HAVE A 2005 FORD F-250 SUPERDUTY DIESEL AND WHEN I UNLOCK IT WITH THE KEYLESS REMOTE THE INTERIOR LIGHTS TURN ON BUT NOT THE EXTERIOR ONES. tHE LIGHT SWITCH ALWAYS STAYS ON AUTOLAMP, DOES ANYONE KNOW WHY THIS HAPPENS? WE HAVE A 2005 F-150 AND A 2008 F-250 SUPERDUTY AND BOTH TURN THE EXTERIOR LIGHTS ON WHEN UNLOCKING? THANKS
Same with the '06 too...Only the interior lamp lights when you unlock using the remote / keyless door unit . I like it ~ more stealth

Last edited by Pagnew; 12-28-2008 at 10:18 PM.
Old 12-28-2008, 10:35 PM
oh ok but i hope that their is a way to make them turn on, i mean when i unlock it i want all lights to come on, the superduty looks real nice at nights with all exterior lights especially with the roof lights, anyone know if they can be set to turn on when unlocked?Thanks

Old 12-28-2008, 10:52 PM
Just looked in my manual and it seems that is not an option..only the interior lamps will illuminate when unlocking the door via the remote/keyless entry. I could not find anyplace where an option to have the experior lights illuminate when unlocking the doors. Others may know, or there may be an aftermarket bypass/code, but this is all I can find out...I see from your other thread that you have a manual so it probably say's the same thing

Last edited by Pagnew; 12-28-2008 at 10:56 PM.
Old 12-29-2008, 04:20 PM
I think I would miss the exterior lights coming on if mine didn't. I work nights and really don't need to be "stealthy" since I don't sneak around much.

Old 12-29-2008, 05:30 PM
Originally Posted by freekyFX4
I think I would miss the exterior lights coming on if mine didn't. I work nights and really don't need to be "stealthy" since I don't sneak around much.
Good for you...The light thing doesn't bother me and it has nothing to do with being 'sneaky'. If I were to work in an area that seems iffy I would just carry a 6 D cell battery flashlight and my CCW protection. No prob here. and besides...there's always the 'panic' button

Last edited by Pagnew; 12-29-2008 at 08:09 PM.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:31 AM
Originally Posted by Pagnew
Just looked in my manual and it seems that is not an option..only the interior lamps will illuminate when unlocking the door via the remote/keyless entry. I could not find anyplace where an option to have the experior lights illuminate when unlocking the doors. Others may know, or there may be an aftermarket bypass/code, but this is all I can find out...I see from your other thread that you have a manual so it probably say's the same thing
yea I couldnt find anything on the manual either. I really wish I could figure out a way to do it. well tomorrow Im taking the truck to the dealer for maintaince and will ask the guys there to see if they know anything about it.

Old 12-30-2008, 12:47 PM
Originally Posted by 2005F250
yea I couldnt find anything on the manual either. I really wish I could figure out a way to do it. well tomorrow Im taking the truck to the dealer for maintaince and will ask the guys there to see if they know anything about it.
If ya do find some trick to do it please post! Seems a good option to have on hand. Thanks...

Old 12-30-2008, 03:40 PM
Good for you...The light thing doesn't bother me and it has nothing to do with being 'sneaky'. If I were to work in an area that seems iffy I would just carry a 6 D cell battery flashlight and my CCW protection. No prob here. and besides...there's always the 'panic' button
Wow, aren't we sensitive! Easy there big boy. I have a concealed carry permit, but happen to work for a company that won't allow guns on the property. I installed a Fort Knox safe in my center console in case I have to go to work and happen to be carrying, but if I was to use it on the premises, I'm pretty sure I'd be fired. I was merely saying that when I come outside at 6:00 AM and it's dark, it's really nice to be able to light up the entire area before I get to the truck. I would miss it. You were the one claiming a need for "stealth" so my assumption was that you were sneaking around. Besides, if I don't want to light up the area, all I have to do is turn off my auto-lamps and then the only light that comes on is the one over the cargo area. It's nice that I have the option and I am glad that Ford saw the benefit and added the option.

Old 12-30-2008, 04:31 PM
Wow, aren't we sensitive! Easy there big boy. I have a concealed carry permit, but happen to work for a company that won't allow guns on the property. I installed a Fort Knox safe in my center console in case I have to go to work and happen to be carrying, but if I was to use it on the premises, I'm pretty sure I'd be fired. I was merely saying that when I come outside at 6:00 AM and it's dark, it's really nice to be able to light up the entire area before I get to the truck. I would miss it. You were the one claiming a need for "stealth" so my assumption was that you were sneaking around. Besides, if I don't want to light up the area, all I have to do is turn off my auto-lamps and then the only light that comes on is the one over the cargo area. It's nice that I have the option and I am glad that Ford saw the benefit and added the option.
- who's sensitive here ~ ain't me...besides 'big boy' is a restaurant. Kinda dumb to 'assume' anything fella...my comment was made in jest. Don't 'assume' that I was hacking on the option of having the lights being able to come on when the remote is used...I can 'assume' that you felt I was, but then that would make an 'a&&' out of 'u' and 'me'.

See ya

Last edited by Pagnew; 12-30-2008 at 05:03 PM.
Old 12-30-2008, 05:53 PM
- who's sensitive here ~ ain't me...besides 'big boy' is a restaurant. Kinda dumb to 'assume' anything fella...my comment was made in jest. Don't 'assume' that I was hacking on the option of having the lights being able to come on when the remote is used...I can 'assume' that you felt I was, but then that would make an 'a&&' out of 'u' and 'me'.

See ya
That's nice...

Old 12-30-2008, 06:08 PM
That's nice...
Yup ~ even better with a cherry on top!

Quick Reply: Exterior lights