F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Electric brake control

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 10:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Electric brake control

I have a 2005 Ford F-250 Superduty and it has the factory electric brake control on the dash under the radio. That brake also has the four AUX switches but I was wondering how could I use the switches to run some lights that i wasnt to install on the bull bar? i kow the switches all ready have a fuse but how would the wiring be done? Thanks

Old 12-28-2008, 10:03 PM
If the switches are installed you should have 4 pig tailed wires under the hood on the left side, by the hinge point. These are the power wires for the 4 switches. Just tie you lights into these.

Old 12-28-2008, 10:38 PM
Originally Posted by Yankee7985
If the switches are installed you should have 4 pig tailed wires under the hood on the left side, by the hinge point. These are the power wires for the 4 switches. Just tie you lights into these.
ok i will check on that tomorrow, i looked on the owners manual and didnt see nothing on the switches only on the electronic brake control. I heard that the four switches that different fuse amp ratings on them, do you know if thats true? Thanks.

Old 12-29-2008, 07:12 AM
Here is a good link to info on the installation and use of the upfitter switches. You will need to make a connection from the blunt cut wires behind the fuse panel to the customer access wires near the parking brake. The customer access wires pass through the firewall and are blunt cut in front of the cowl on drivers side. You will connect your lights to the wire in the engine compartment.
http://www.superdutydiesel.com/wiki/...p?articleId=13

Old 12-29-2008, 11:05 AM
Originally Posted by BIG_BLUE_FX4
Here is a good link to info on the installation and use of the upfitter switches. You will need to make a connection from the blunt cut wires behind the fuse panel to the customer access wires near the parking brake. The customer access wires pass through the firewall and are blunt cut in front of the cowl on drivers side. You will connect your lights to the wire in the engine compartment.
http://www.superdutydiesel.com/wiki/...p?articleId=13
You beat me to it I have a copy of that printed off to do the high idle mod to my truck when I get time.

Old 12-29-2008, 10:20 PM
Nope.

Originally Posted by Yankee7985
Ummm no.
These wires are only pass through wires. They are there so you don't hve to pass seperate wires through the firewall. Under the dash, pull down the fuse box and you will see the other end of those red, blue, black and white wires. Also your wires for your AUX switches will be there and labeled. AUX 1 - 4. The little ones are good for 10 amps, the big ones for 30. 1 & 2 are the big ones. You can attach those wires to the pass through wires to get the power out to under the hood.

Old 12-30-2008, 09:29 AM
Ok, Thank you guys for all the information.

Quick Reply: Electric brake control