F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

2011 ford superduty

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009 | 08:29 PM
Originally Posted by ManualF150
You know... I want to agree with you --- but... Ford needs to improve their car segment more than their truck segment.

Secondly, Super Duties are no comparison to any other foreign automaker. They can only be compared to 2 other companies... and they are both domestic.

Lastly, Ford needs to get rid of this whole retro-look on the heavy duty trucks... there should be more steel and aluminum put into these trucks rather than the amount of plastic and looks. When has a F250 been an icon? Never. It's for getting the job done... not for looks.
Well, Manual, I think Ford has done improved their car segment as of... NOW. I'm watching closely because to me, a die-hard Ford truck man, have never considered any Ford cars. They just plain stink. Well, seeing the new way Ford is going with the 2010 Taurus, the 2010 hybrid Focus, etc, it looks like they are seriously getting it together. I just watched the YouTube special on how they are going to try to be "the best", and I'll say, it all sounds good like they are seriously trying to come up from the ashes. I hope so. Some days I've all but given up on some of the crap Ford has built, but I just can't get myself to drive any other truck. And believe me, I've looked and driven them all. Ford has never let me down... just cramped my style a little from time to time, so my loyalty still bleeds blue.

As for the Superduty, well, they are no comparison to anything else. The Superduty is a truck. A REAL TRUCK. I've logged alot of miles in Ford trucks over the past ten years alone - mostly in Superduty diesels, and there are no tin pieces of import junk that can truly be called a truck if you are trying to compare it to a Superduty. I'll just about toss GM and Dodge in that group as well. They all may tout heavy duty, but the Superduty is truly heavy duty with all the brute to back it up. Is the Superduty an icon? Well, big gas guzzling diesel sucking trucks are what America is built around. Other countries boo us for the way we need bigger and better monster trucks. Well, I guess the Superduty IS an icon.

Old 02-25-2009 | 12:55 PM
Originally Posted by Lumadar
SIMPLE ECONOMICS. This isn't some crazy conspiracy, or Ford trying to "control" people, it is ECONOMICS.
Economics is controlling people via money.

Old 03-04-2009 | 11:56 PM
Originally Posted by Smokewagun
Well, Manual, I think Ford has done improved their car segment as of... NOW. I'm watching closely because to me, a die-hard Ford truck man, have never considered any Ford cars. They just plain stink. Well, seeing the new way Ford is going with the 2010 Taurus, the 2010 hybrid Focus, etc, it looks like they are seriously getting it together. I just watched the YouTube special on how they are going to try to be "the best", and I'll say, it all sounds good like they are seriously trying to come up from the ashes. I hope so. Some days I've all but given up on some of the crap Ford has built, but I just can't get myself to drive any other truck. And believe me, I've looked and driven them all. Ford has never let me down... just cramped my style a little from time to time, so my loyalty still bleeds blue.

As for the Superduty, well, they are no comparison to anything else. The Superduty is a truck. A REAL TRUCK. I've logged alot of miles in Ford trucks over the past ten years alone - mostly in Superduty diesels, and there are no tin pieces of import junk that can truly be called a truck if you are trying to compare it to a Superduty. I'll just about toss GM and Dodge in that group as well. They all may tout heavy duty, but the Superduty is truly heavy duty with all the brute to back it up. Is the Superduty an icon? Well, big gas guzzling diesel sucking trucks are what America is built around. Other countries boo us for the way we need bigger and better monster trucks. Well, I guess the Superduty IS an icon.
Agreed.

I've put many miles on Superdutys with the 6 speed manual and the 5 speed Torqueshift and that 6 speed doesn't hold a candle to the automatic. Superdutys are an Icon, no other heavy duty pickup holds a candle to them in durability or looks in my opinion. They may not be invincible but they are the strongest pickup you can get that I am sure of. My current company truck(which I put more miles on then my personal truck) has the 6 speed, and its a good tranny, don't get me wrong, but it leaves alot to be desired after you drive one with the Torqueshift around for awhile. I feel the same way about towing with one, your better off with the automatic.

As for the Big Boy Toys..18 Speed all the way, now thats a transmission.

Old 03-05-2009 | 07:24 PM
I'm just curious how well Ford can integrate SCR injection onto the new engine platform. I think all of the onroad industry has to be tier 4b compliant by 2010. I know the large truck segment has to be compliant by then unless they have a credit system like we have.

Old 03-05-2009 | 07:31 PM
Global Moderator &

Anyone else notice that this pic is an F150? notice the 6 lug wheels.....

Old 03-05-2009 | 08:25 PM
I count 8 lugs... Plus there are the locking front hubs...

Old 03-07-2009 | 10:19 AM
Originally Posted by Patman03SprCrw

Anyone else notice that this pic is an F150? notice the 6 lug wheels.....
Might wanna sober up and recheck that...

Adrianspeeder

Old 03-15-2009 | 01:58 PM
|
390 hp 720 tq heck yeah that'll kick some hiney

Old 03-15-2009 | 04:16 PM
Originally Posted by adrianspeeder
Might wanna sober up and recheck that...

Adrianspeeder
I count -or it seems highly like - 8 lugs...

Old 03-15-2009 | 06:00 PM
Hey guys,
I know its all talk but I went to the Auto show in atlanta yesterday. And kinda quized the "ford truck man" bout whats coming up. First off is that he said the 09 super duty is the last year for the international 6.4. the 2010 will be the first year for the 6.7 powerstroke. Yes ford will keep the name. and should be availible either at the end of this your or eairly next year.(Very eairly!!)

And second. the 4.4L in the f150 is dead for atleast another year.
He also said that the 6.2 would not be in regular F150 I know this is all talk, but thats what the man said. So hopefully hes' right and wrong. Who knows?? I guess we will just have to wait and see.

And I agree 100% with Smokewagun. Never like ford cars till now specially seeing the new Taurus and Fuzion. WOW!!

Old 03-15-2009 | 09:46 PM
"Styling updates will likely include taillights like the 2009 F150."

Dropping the manual, the V10, and adding ugly *** taillights?

WHY???

Old 03-15-2009 | 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by MOford21
"Styling updates will likely include taillights like the 2009 F150."

Dropping the manual, the V10, and adding ugly *** taillights?

WHY???
V10 gone for 2011?? - hope not, but it's still alive and relevant here:

http://jalopnik.com/5164148/2011-for...rst-live-shots

Last edited by Pagnew; 03-15-2009 at 10:10 PM.
Old 03-15-2009 | 10:12 PM
Originally Posted by Pagnew
V10 gone for 2010?? - hope not, but it's still alive and relevant here:

http://jalopnik.com/5164148/2011-for...rst-live-shots
The ongoing news has been that the 6.2 is replacing the 6.8, and that's what the first story said.

I don't understand it.. the V10 is an absolute beast of a gasoline engine, and I can't really see the 6.2 towing even nearly as well as the 6.8.

Old 03-15-2009 | 10:28 PM
I have also heard rumors that if Chrysler goes under, International may make a bid to buy out the Jeep portion of that company. They have shown an interest in putting their engines in their own consumer vehicles again...

International to buy Jeep

Could the 6.4l end up in a Jeep Commander?

International will offer the 3.0L V-6 found in the Grand Cherokee and the 4.5L V-6 Maxxforce Navistar diesel engine with an Allison 1000 five-speed transmission.

Last edited by freekyFX4; 03-15-2009 at 10:30 PM.
Old 03-15-2009 | 10:43 PM
Originally Posted by freekyFX4
I have also heard rumors that if Chrysler goes under, International may make a bid to buy out the Jeep portion of that company. They have shown an interest in putting their engines in their own consumer vehicles again...

International to buy Jeep

Could the 6.4l end up in a Jeep Commander?
The 6.4L diesel in the Commander ?? - WOW! that lil ' SUV would be an intense power machine, but the chassis wouldn't be able to utilize the potential of the 6.4L Diesel in the 1st place for any pulling / towing . Weird!

Quick Reply: 2011 ford superduty