F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Taillight options

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 02:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Taillight options

While loading some tree branches in the truck this weekend, I tagged my passenger side taillight and took a chip out of it. My driver side also has a hairline crack in it. I would like to try something a little different, rather than just replace them with the same stock housings. Nothing ricey. I am thinking maybe some smoked red LED's. Anybody have aftermarket taillights or suggestions?

Last edited by BIG_BLUE_FX4; 02-24-2009 at 02:29 PM. Reason: punctuation
Old 02-24-2009, 04:07 PM
Recon has quite a few choices for stock tail light replacement. Here is the web site.

www.gorecon.com

Old 02-24-2009, 05:31 PM
You can swap in '08+tails... I think they look pretty slick.

Old 02-26-2009, 11:32 AM
Originally Posted by dsq3973
Recon has quite a few choices for stock tail light replacement. Here is the web site.

www.gorecon.com
I've looked at the Recon's but they are a little too much coin. I did find one on ebay that looks like it's a Recon, for way less $$.

Old 02-26-2009, 11:34 AM
Originally Posted by Melovidov21
You can swap in '08+tails... I think they look pretty slick.
Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm not sure I like the look of the reverse light on top.

Old 02-27-2009, 11:39 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Bummer on the damage, man. You need any help with cleanup over there?

BTW, we bought a house in Buckner -- no close date set yet but, it should be the 3rd week in March.

Did you ever get her detailed? Seems like the weather went horribly south on us after I met you out there that day...

Anyway, I hope all is well, man... good luck with the tails.

Old 02-28-2009, 08:09 AM
Originally Posted by Rockpick
Bummer on the damage, man. You need any help with cleanup over there?

BTW, we bought a house in Buckner -- no close date set yet but, it should be the 3rd week in March.

Did you ever get her detailed? Seems like the weather went horribly south on us after I met you out there that day...

Anyway, I hope all is well, man... good luck with the tails.
Thanks for the offer, but luckily the cleanup is not involving my property. I'm just doing a little work on the side to help pay for the generator I bought during the power outage.

Congrats on the house! Did you get a bigger yard with this one? If you need any help moving, let me know.

Unfortunately, I was not able to get the truck detailed. I had all of the new supplies in hand less than a week after we met. Then, my wife got me started on building a wall-to-wall entertainment center in our LR. It took alot longer than I planned, and as you mentioned, the weather postponed the truck pampering until spring.

BTW, what do you think about the tails I posted? Too ricey?

Old 02-28-2009, 10:10 PM
Im kinda looking for LED's also. I think those do kinda look a little too ricey. I wish someone could just make LED lights that look like stock. It cant be that hard!!! While they are at it...make stock looking headlights that have housings that can reflect HID's properly! Come on now!!!

Old 03-01-2009, 11:40 AM
Originally Posted by 04procompLARIAT
Im kinda looking for LED's also. I think those do kinda look a little too ricey. I wish someone could just make LED lights that look like stock. It cant be that hard!!! While they are at it...make stock looking headlights that have housings that can reflect HID's properly! Come on now!!!
Thanks for the reply. I thought those looked a little too busy. I did find some others on ebay. It says they are for 08, 09 MY. I think they look pretty clean. My only hesitation is, on the 08+, the lights look like they bulge out a little compared to the previous years. I am also wondering what it would require to connect these on my 2006. Can I just purchase a pigtail that allows the 08+ tails to connect to my factory taillight plugs?

Here is a link.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/08-09...Q5fAccessories

Old 03-02-2009, 07:56 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hey, man.... sorry about the delay.

I kind of concur that they're a tad too "Asian" for my tastes. That said, they're not a far shot off of something that I'd consider. One thing I like about them is that they attempt to give that stock look versus that of a 'tuner'.

As for the house -- about the same size yard but about 3x the space and a basement. It's out nearer the State Pen down 393 (I told my wife that, if I ever ended up there, I'd still be able to see our house... )

Help moving? Hmm... I may take you up on that. We still don't have a close date but, I should know something this week or early next -- the underwriters are apparently pretty backed up with ReFi's. Thanks, man!

Quick Reply: Taillight options