F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Saying Goodbye to the 2008 KR... Hello New F-350!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2009 | 11:10 PM
|
Saying Goodbye to the 2008 KR... Hello New F-350!

Well, boys, get a good look at her, because if all works out, the 2008 Screw will be gone this weekend.

I just couldn't pass on a new Superduty with towing seaon approaching. I've been pushing this payload thing around too long, and the diesel in my veins took over. If an F-150 ever comes out with a true 1600-1800 payload and a more powerful engine (especially a smoker), I'll be on it. We've got alot of camping aspirations, and I'm not as comfortable towing 7 grand through the mountains. Besides, the $13,000 off a new Lariat helped, too.

Old 03-05-2009 | 11:14 PM
Now that's an upgrade! Hope things work out, I look forward to pictures.

Old 03-05-2009 | 11:53 PM
Congrats and good luck with the trade!

Old 03-06-2009 | 09:44 AM
Good luck this weekend. The wife and I are going to look at used 5er's tomorrow and might have one follow us home.

Old 03-06-2009 | 10:20 AM
Where's the pic of the 350? I know you don't have it yet.

Old 03-06-2009 | 11:21 AM
YOU JUST GOT THAT DAMN THING!!! Congrats on the new truck. Can't wait to see pics. How bout some specs on the truck?

Old 03-07-2009 | 11:17 PM
|
Originally Posted by Zaairman
YOU JUST GOT THAT DAMN THING!!! Congrats on the new truck. Can't wait to see pics. How bout some specs on the truck?
Yeah, I know. It was a great truck! I had the hardest time this morning going to the dealer to trade her off... probably the hardest time I've had for any of the bazillion trucks I have had. Especially since I wasn't trading to another King Ranch. The F-150 just didn't make me overly comfortable dragging my travel trailer, and with the $9,000 rebates, I couldn't pass it up. When the boss agreed, I moved as fast as I could, and thankfully I did. There were two in my range, and one was sld out from under my dealer, so I wound up going with this F-350. I swear, this truck was meant for me. Too many things point to that. This one is a Job #3 build, it has the 3.55 L/S rear end I want for mileage, it came with the Husky mats I usually buy (long story there), it had option I wanted that the other truck didn't have, and the list goes on. I was looking for a V-10, but none were to be found. After driving this one today, I remembered that diesel fuel simply runs through my veins.

The truck is as follows:

2008 F-350 Crew Cab
Pueblo Gold (Monotone)
Camel Leather
6.4L Smoker
Torqueshift 5-Speed
6-3/4 Box
11,400# GVWR Package
3.55 Limited Slip
LT285/65R18 BFG T/A's
6-Disc CD with Sirius
Leather Captain's Chairs
4X4 Off-Road Package
Chrome Package
Camper Package
Snow Plow Package
Roof Clearance Lights
Upfitter Switches
Reverse Vehicle Aid Sensor
Heated Seats
Chrome Power Telescoping and Folding Trailer Tow Mirrors
HD Alternator
Tow Command
Hydroboost Brakes
Engine Block Heater
Cold Weather Front

I had the dealer switch out the stock Crapinental tires before I took delivery with the BFG T/A's. MAN, do they look fantastic! I was worried about the stock 18" aluminum rims looking like junk because I wanted 20's. The 18" rims make the BFG's look absolutely sick. It sure turned alot of heads today.

All in all, it's not the truck I would have ordered - especially the color, but it does look great. This truck color is inbetween... in between the last one and the next one. Next time, if I have to drive this one a year longer to order exactly what I'd like (maybe a King Ranch F-250), I'll drive it .

So far, I am exstatic wth this thing. The TPMS is giving me grief so far with the BFG's, but I noticed the dealer has the fronts and rears set to 60psi. The TPMS requires 65 in the fronts and 80 in the rears. I may be putting them behind the seat in PVC tubes at this rate. The snow plow package has a cooling fan with a special clutch. I have noticed it is on about all the time. I may have to find a way to disconnect it. It gets annoying, and I'm sure it will mess with the mileage. The 3.55 rear should make a difference, though.

If you can't tell, I'm tickled. I'll post a picture and change my sig soon, but the rain here is been downpouring all day and is due tomorrow, too. I'll try to get some pics up soon.

Smoke

Old 03-07-2009 | 11:26 PM
Can't wait for you to post up some pics and see your new truck. i was looking in your gallery and saw the f250 you had before and that looked like it was a nice truck you had. I noticed your travel trailer and saw that it is made by heartland. how is it holding up for you & if I may ask what dealer did you buy it from ? Thanks Crew

Old 03-07-2009 | 11:36 PM
|
Originally Posted by truckncrew04
Can't wait for you to post up some pics and see your new truck. i was looking in your gallery and saw the f250 you had before and that looked like it was a nice truck you had. I noticed your travel trailer and saw that it is made by heartland. how is it holding up for you & if I may ask what dealer did you buy it from ? Thanks Crew
Thanks. The 2007 you saw was a great truck. The last of the good diesels. I should have kept that one for myself.

Our Heartland seems great so far. Light years ahead in the towing department over the Jayco we had. We got the North Trail in September of last year and barely used it, so IF this winter EVER ends, I'll know better. We bought it from Finnegan's in S. Beloit. They seem to be real good. We took it in for a long list of some nitpicky/some more substantial warranty items the end of October 2008, and just got it back. In their defense, we told them to take as long as they liked. We had lost our indoor storage spot, and it was inside the repair shop all winter. No complaints here. Would I buy another? No. Now I have an F-350 with 3,700# of payload. That demands a fift wheel now.

Old 03-08-2009 | 12:30 PM
sounds like a nice upgrade, i sat in an f-250 at the cleveland auto show, sits up so high, kinda made me want one, really comfy too

Old 03-08-2009 | 01:21 PM
Where are the pics?

Old 03-08-2009 | 02:25 PM
Originally Posted by Smokewagun
Thanks. The 2007 you saw was a great truck. The last of the good diesels. I should have kept that one for myself.

Our Heartland seems great so far. Light years ahead in the towing department over the Jayco we had. We got the North Trail in September of last year and barely used it, so IF this winter EVER ends, I'll know better. We bought it from Finnegan's in S. Beloit. They seem to be real good. We took it in for a long list of some nitpicky/some more substantial warranty items the end of October 2008, and just got it back. In their defense, we told them to take as long as they liked. We had lost our indoor storage spot, and it was inside the repair shop all winter. No complaints here. Would I buy another? No. Now I have an F-350 with 3,700# of payload. That demands a fift wheel now.
Good to hear that they took good care of you. I used to work at an Rv dealer that dealt with heartland and we got the North trails in not to much before we went out of business. They seemd like a good unit & if I ever bought a unit it would have been one of them. That red 07 looked sharp but I am sure the new F350 is just as nice or better. You seem to have very good tatste in buying so come on & quit teasing us & get a few pics

Old 03-09-2009 | 07:49 AM
|
Originally Posted by truckncrew04
Good to hear that they took good care of you. I used to work at an Rv dealer that dealt with heartland and we got the North trails in not to much before we went out of business. They seemd like a good unit & if I ever bought a unit it would have been one of them. That red 07 looked sharp but I am sure the new F350 is just as nice or better. You seem to have very good tatste in buying so come on & quit teasing us & get a few pics
I'll try to get some pictures up tomorrow. It's rained here all weekend, so maybe on the way home tonight I'll have a chance to snag a few pictures to post.

Old 03-09-2009 | 09:51 AM
|
So, I changed my signature with a quickee photo I took in the parkinglot at work this morning. Hopefully this gets me by until I can take some of those fancy photos at the state park because this one ceratinly does not do this truck justice. The color in the sun coupled with the BFG's looks awesome. Yes, I used the word awesome.

Old 03-09-2009 | 10:07 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Very nice, sir! You'll love towing with that.

Quick Reply: Saying Goodbye to the 2008 KR... Hello New F-350!