F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Superchip for the PowerStroke

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2001, 02:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Superchip for the PowerStroke

To everyone that is thinking about putting in a SuperChip for your Powerstroke.

I ordered this chip from Mike last week. It arrived exactly on the day he said it would. I read the instructions several times like he requested. I did have a little problem removing the computer due to it not coming straight out like the paper said. I did not want to force it since I was not actually sure if there was some sort of new bracket, hidden bolt etc. It was fairly late in the evening when I called Mike. No one answered so I just thought I would mess around with it in the AM. 3 minutes later Mike called me back via his Caller ID. I really did not expect to hear from anyone because how many business have ever called you back when they even said they would much less use a caller ID? After a 3 minute conversation with Mike the Computer was out.

Last night I performed all the necessary work to prepare the computer for it's new Brain. Put it in the truck this AM and it fired right up.

Drove it around for a while and all I can say is "Wow" what a difference. Very, very noticeable increase in power and torque. Now I have to go get my 8000 LB Trailer and give it a real test.

Thanks Mike, thanks for the support and the return call. I did not expect it at all. Too bad other business's cannot operate with your generosity.

Bob Routt

Old 02-21-2001, 03:07 PM
Talking

I must have to agree some of like myself can be a pain in a a$$ but Mike is always great. I just bought a 2001 Ranger and Mike told me that they could reflash it and I could still use it, but the cool part is that they did not have the computer code when I got it and as soon as they got it he gave me a e-mail that is what I call great customer service..
I think I say this from us all "Thanks for everything you Do Mike "

------------------
New Toy To Play With
2001 Ford Ranger Edge
Black Extended Cab 4x4 Off Road, With Dark Gray Interior, 4.0L, 4.10 Gears,
Things it Came With
Pionneer 6 Disc In-dash CD player
Nurf Bars (painted to match)
Painted Bumpers
Fog Lights
Add On's for now
none yet (he he)
Superchip Soon

Old Truck
1999 F150 Bright Red
Extended Cab 4x4 Off Road, With Gray Interior, 5.4L, 3.73 Gears,
Add On's for now
Access Tunnel Cover, Stainless Steel Nerf Bars, Stainless Steel Rocker Pannels, Putco Bed Rails, Clear Turn Signals, Flowmaster Exhaust, Painted Vent Shades, Painted Taillight Covers, Painted X-Cab Covers,Superchip, Airaid FIPK, Red Stering Wheel Cover, Pionneer CD Deck
Link to Pictures..zing.com

Old 02-21-2001, 07:40 PM
Thumbs up

Hey guys, I got to meet Mike last year at the Norfolk rally. He's even nicer in person

BobR: which superchip did you get??? I got mine from Mike over a year ago (50/100) and just reciently I sent it back to be upgraded to the 65/115 I have had a Superchip in my truck almost from the time I bought the truck. Really didn't know what it drove like without one. So I decided to try just going around the block without the chip (you know since I was changing it and would have it out anyways) Didn't even make it around the block before I was turning around and going back for the upgraded chip. I don't want to ever have to drive without it again. I tow too; got a 30' travel trailer. This beast will tow up the Blue Ridge Pkway in OD with cruise on, holding 70mph (fuel will drop drasticly doing this but you're at the front of the line) If you're gonna be towing, do look into adding gauges and a turbo brake. I got mine from Western Diesel www.westerndiesel.com

------------------
2k F250 CC SWB 6 speed 4x2 Diesel XLT Super Duty, Woodland Green
Power Mirrors, 3.73 LS, Captains Chairs, ARE tonneau top, rear privacy glass
TT Pkg, Class IV hitch, sliding rear window, running boards, mud flaps
265/75/16 AS OWL tires, am/fm/cassette/cd, rechargable MagLite
Clarion APA 5240 amp, Memphis speakers:Components front, 5x7 rear, 10"sub
SuperChip, Stepshields, Ventshields on windows, rubber bed mat
rugged liner bedliner on tailgate, quick disconnect jumper cables
unaFORDable (decal on tailgate) Western Diesel Turbo Brake (whoa boy)
Finally gauges!!: Pyrometer & Boost on the A-Pillar mount

[This message has been edited by Tina (edited 02-21-2001).]

Old 02-22-2001, 10:00 PM
check out
http://www.ford-diesel.com/contents/...%20Dyno%20Test
http://forums.ford-diesel.com/ubb/Fo...ML/004698.html
this last one they did a BIG test and found some interesting #'s.
These are the guys who actually performed the dyno for p-stroker.
http://www.dynotuning.com)./

Old 02-23-2001, 02:34 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Bob R,

Thanks for your post, and your kind words!

We're glad you're enjoying your Superchip, we enjoy the reputation of making as much if not more power than any other chip, while maintaining strict 50-state emissions certification, (something very rare in this market that almost nobody else can do), low EGT's, a clean exhaust and not requiring any other modifications to the vehicle in our standard 65/115 program.

Have fun & happy towing!

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Event Organizer

Old 02-28-2001, 11:42 AM
Tina,

I purchased the 65/115 Chip from Mike. I love the thing. Wakes up a sleeping beast as far as I am concerned.

I let my frined drive my Truck after I put the chip in. He has a 2000 F250 with the Powerstroke. He immediately called Mike and ordered a chip. How he wants me to come over and put his in.

Bob R

Old 02-28-2001, 05:07 PM
Thumbs up

Bob: totally agree with you, once you've driven a powerstroke with a chip you just dont want to drive one without it

Quick Reply: Superchip for the PowerStroke