F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

??? Ambulance package

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 09:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
??? Ambulance package

Looking at a 1993 F-250 that has the decal stating it has the ambulance package. It was a telco truck with a Knapheide utility box on it.

I know the ambulance package has upgraded electrical, but it seems like it had upgraded drive train as well.... but that's about as far as memory goes.

Anybody know any more on this package?

Old 08-23-2009, 09:06 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
im not positive, but it should have an upgraded electrical and suspension. however i thought trucks recieving that decal had ambo-boxes on the back?

Old 08-23-2009, 09:12 PM
??? Ammo boxes ???

It had a standard low rise telco utility box with a top cover. You know the vert. cabinet behind the cab and a long horz. one over the wheel well.

Looks like the floor of the right front cabinet has no floor to accommodate some type of generator or something. It was cut cleanly not just rusted out.

Doing some research here before getting into a dealership next week. The VIN comes up as a F-250 HD w/ ambulance package. What I've found so far is an upgraded charging sys, ac, and front axle for sure. It also reads like it has a 1 ton dully axle for the wide "ambulance" load but that part was not real clear.

Old 08-23-2009, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by vigness
??? Ammo boxes ???
I think he meant ambulance box

Quick Reply: ??? Ambulance package