F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

looks like im a super duty guy now

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 08:16 AM
glc
Received 773 Likes on 714 Posts
Crums, the point is - I, and SEVERAL other people, strongly suggested you get an OASIS from the dealer, and all you seem to do is either ignore us or make excuses. You are looking at a particular truck model that has a LONG history of expensive engine problems and it would be extremely foolish to buy it without investigating its history, ESPECIALLY since it's no longer on factory warranty. I am NOT trying to flex any muscles here - I am trying to help you make an INFORMED purchase.

You aren't going to be very happy any more if you buy that truck blind and have it in the shop every other week.......

I bought my truck used from a Lincoln-Mercury dealer, and they were happy to show me both an OASIS and a Carfax before I bought it. They were both clean as a whistle so I went for it and have no regrets. Then again. my particular model doesn't have as spotted a history as the early 6.0 diesels.

Something you may or may not be aware of - do you know why the introduction of the 6.4 was delayed? It was because Ford was taking such a bath on warranty claims on the 6.0 they withheld payments to Navistar. Navistar countered by suing Ford and not releasing the already built 6.4's. Seems to me you mentioned in the other thread that this one you are looking at is starting a bit rough - right there this raises a red flag that needs to be investigated. Just due to its history, I wouldn't touch a early 6.0 with a 10 foot pole but you seem to be all gung ho about this truck and I wish you luck with it.

Last edited by glc; 11-10-2009 at 08:24 AM.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Feel the burn... FLEX... I'm not sure if you heard me counting, but I did over 1000 today.

Old 11-10-2009, 09:15 PM
Originally Posted by Zaairman
Feel the burn... FLEX... I'm not sure if you heard me counting, but I did over 1000 today.
You crack me up Z...I just didn't want to see him get the boot. You really shouldn't give him such a hard time. he hasn't done anything to you.

Old 11-11-2009, 02:43 PM
thanks a ton for the help!

Quick Reply: looks like im a super duty guy now