F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

2006 f350

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2009, 05:14 PM
Suspended
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
6.4's are just as bad.... I'm going to Wisconsin in 2 weeks for a class on the 6.0, 6.4, and 6.6... I'll have the most updated information on them then.... As far as we hear, the 6.4's are JUST as bad... Just keep the 6.0 but do the mentioned mods and it wil last...

Old 11-26-2009, 05:23 PM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by B Sweeney
A lot of gloom and doom towards my '06 6.0 CC Dually after reading all this. Only has 25,000 miles on it now, so should I consider selling it now and getting a new '10 6.4? Any known drama with that engine yet?
CTC just doesn't like the 6.0's to much, but he does give good information

yes they have their flaws, but once you get passed head gaskets and egr it really helps them.

seeing that you have 25k miles, you still have over a year left on warranty and i doubt you will get to a 100k in a year, some dealerships will install ARP's for you during a headgasket repair if you pay for the studs.

Old 11-26-2009, 05:39 PM
Suspended
I Would own a 6.0, cause I know them more than I know small block chevy's...

Old 11-26-2009, 07:31 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
the 6.0 is fine, if you leave it alone... if you cant or wont. go to the 7.3 or look forward to the 6.7

Old 11-26-2009, 07:58 PM
Suspended
it is in no way fine if you 'leave it alone'....

99% of the truck we get in are stock setups... they suffer the most cause there is nothing aftermarket on them to help with heat wether it be coolant filterig or oil filtering. The oil is the blood of these engines, and often it is contaminated with shavings from normal break in period, but it stays in the system and slowly destroys everything.

The egr is bound to go even if you baby the motor, again, due to poor cooling, see previous posts.

bottom line is the 6.0 is very powerful engine. it however it not reliable, not cheap, and not mechanic friendly... MY only advice to owners is to get the things done that I havfe suggested and your 6.0 will run and work like its supposed to. But if you just changed one of two things on it, your problems will still arise.... If I could have every 6.0 owner on this board pull their IPR valve out and look at that screen on it, they would crap their pants. Same goes for the oil screen and the contents of the oil cooler(coolant side)

<3 ctc

Old 11-27-2009, 01:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Camarothatcould
it is in no way fine if you 'leave it alone'....

99% of the truck we get in are stock setups... they suffer the most cause there is nothing aftermarket on them to help with heat wether it be coolant filterig or oil filtering. The oil is the blood of these engines, and often it is contaminated with shavings from normal break in period, but it stays in the system and slowly destroys everything.

The egr is bound to go even if you baby the motor, again, due to poor cooling, see previous posts.

bottom line is the 6.0 is very powerful engine. it however it not reliable, not cheap, and not mechanic friendly... MY only advice to owners is to get the things done that I havfe suggested and your 6.0 will run and work like its supposed to. But if you just changed one of two things on it, your problems will still arise.... If I could have every 6.0 owner on this board pull their IPR valve out and look at that screen on it, they would crap their pants. Same goes for the oil screen and the contents of the oil cooler(coolant side)

<3 ctc
What would my dealer's likey response to that question be if I asked them to inspect the IPR valve, and oil cooler? Blank stare?

Old 11-28-2009, 10:58 AM
Suspended
there eyes would light up like $$$$$$'s....

The IPR, figuring what year you have can be reach by only removing degas bottle, FICM, and intake. Oil cooler comes out if they take your intake out, which requires turbo removal, which requires alot of stuff.... hence if you in that deep for something small, might as well do it all..

Quick Reply: 2006 f350