F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Box differences between '97-07 and '08-'10 SuperDuties

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 01:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Box differences between '97-07 and '08-'10 SuperDuties

I just bought an '09 F350 shortbox, and am planning to purchase an Access roll-up tonneau for it. My dad has an Access cover on his '04 F350 shortbox, but has decided to replace the tonneau with a topper. I checked the part number of the Access covers for his truck and the part number for the cover that I'd need for my truck, and found that they are different part numbers. My dad and I do not live near one another, so I can't compare my truck to his, so I was just wondering if anyone knows the differences in the boxes (width, length, etc) of these two trucks that would require a different model number of tonneau cover. I'm basically just wondering if there is any chance that his cover would fit my truck. Thanks!

Old 01-18-2010, 02:04 AM
Originally Posted by ChezHed
I just bought an '09 F350 shortbox, and am planning to purchase an Access roll-up tonneau for it. My dad has an Access cover on his '04 F350 shortbox, but has decided to replace the tonneau with a topper. I checked the part number of the Access covers for his truck and the part number for the cover that I'd need for my truck, and found that they are different part numbers. My dad and I do not live near one another, so I can't compare my truck to his, so I was just wondering if anyone knows the differences in the boxes (width, length, etc) of these two trucks that would require a different model number of tonneau cover. I'm basically just wondering if there is any chance that his cover would fit my truck. Thanks!
I don't know, but a question I do have... do you both have the same number of rear wheels? The beds may be a hair different depending on the number of wheels.

Old 01-18-2010, 02:06 AM
the only differences i have ever noticed is the tailgate and taillights...i dont understand why they have 2 different part numbers either

Old 01-18-2010, 03:30 PM
Originally Posted by GreenBuck50
I don't know, but a question I do have... do you both have the same number of rear wheels? The beds may be a hair different depending on the number of wheels.
Both of our trucks are single-rear-wheel (not duallies), so that shouldn't be a factor. Just as Paralyzer said, I thought the only differences were the tailgate and taillights, so I didn't expect that there would be a different part number for the tonneaus for the two trucks. I may just have to send the tonneau manufacturer an email to see if they can tell me what the difference is between the two tonneau covers.

Old 01-18-2010, 11:18 PM
The beds are exactly the same.... including dually beds.

Quick Reply: Box differences between '97-07 and '08-'10 SuperDuties