F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

How to price rims and tires?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 09:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BLACKOUT FX4
Yeah I completely agree. Look at this for an example:
i paid almost $3,400 for my wheels and tires, they currently have 50-60% tred left. I would be lucky to get $1,500-$1,800 for them if i were looking to sell them. It's just the way the used auto part market works. I also picked up a set of 22's with tires that had about 85% tred for my Pathfinder about a year ago, I got them for $850, I feel like I stole them but the guy that had them was desperate for $$.. So it always depends on the situation of the seller. If he is not in a rush to sell then he can sit on them for a few months with an asking price of $700.
Just my 2 cents
In this day and age, I don't think you're going to find a lot of people that have that kind of cash regardless. It's a bit analogous to the housing market. A realtor friend of mine says that plenty of properties are moving in the under $300K range. Above that, it's pretty much dead. $500-600 for a set of rims/tires? Maybe. $1500-2000, I think you'll be hard pressed to find a buyer. On my local CL, I see a lot of semi-inexpensive sets ($400-600) that don't get re-listed, so I'm assuming that they're selling. There's a guy with a set of 22's that's asking $1300 that has been relisting since before Thanksgiving. Regardless of what something's "worth", if you're price point is in the upper end of the market and there's not much activity up there, you'll have a hard time selling.

Old 01-20-2010, 09:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Big Slick
In this day and age, I don't think you're going to find a lot of people that have that kind of cash regardless. It's a bit analogous to the housing market. A realtor friend of mine says that plenty of properties are moving in the under $300K range. Above that, it's pretty much dead. $500-600 for a set of rims/tires? Maybe. $1500-2000, I think you'll be hard pressed to find a buyer. On my local CL, I see a lot of semi-inexpensive sets ($400-600) that don't get re-listed, so I'm assuming that they're selling. There's a guy with a set of 22's that's asking $1300 that has been relisting since before Thanksgiving. Regardless of what something's "worth", if you're price point is in the upper end of the market and there's not much activity up there, you'll have a hard time selling.
Yeah i agree with all points, I guess listing them for $600 will give him an idea on what to expect, If he doesn't get any bites then He will have to lower the price but He also needs to ensure not to set a price too high because he will end up being that guy in your local CL selling the 22's and continue to re-list, I see that allot on my local CL and i keep waiting until the price is so low that it's too good to pass up.

Quick Reply: How to price rims and tires?