F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

2008 and up differences

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 07:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SFCFX4
Well that is a good sized trailer, but I think guys running the F450 get about the same mpg pulling triple what you are. But that unloaded mileage you're getting, especially for an F250, seems way too low. What's the truck's setup and gearing?
All stock.. 18's with 3.55's 4x4

And they say the 3.55's are the only option you can get because of all the mpg complaints.
3.73's are no longer an option...I argued for 3.73's with the dealer.
Glad I have the 3.55 now.

Old 01-31-2010, 10:19 PM
Originally Posted by klassic
All stock.. 18's with 3.55's 4x4

And they say the 3.55's are the only option you can get because of all the mpg complaints.
3.73's are no longer an option...I argued for 3.73's with the dealer.
Glad I have the 3.55 now.
Well that's funny, I have a 4x4 with the 3.73s and stock 20's. No engine modifications whatsoever.

Old 02-01-2010, 06:56 AM
Well ya, you can get 3.73's with the 20's...but in the end, when you take the circumference of the 20", you end up the same as 3.55 and 18"

Old 02-01-2010, 01:20 PM
Well that's funny, I have a 4x4 with the 3.73s and stock 20's. No engine modifications whatsoever.
Me too! I have 4x4, 3.73's, and factory 20's. No problems at all. I really don't know why everyone thinks the 6.4 is troublesome. Other than the radiator issues, I think they have been pretty rock solid. The diesel tech at my local Ford dealer said that since most of the 6.0's are going out of warranty, they have actually slowed down and have a lot less work now. I love mine.

Old 02-01-2010, 09:18 PM
Well ya, you can get 3.73's with the 20's...but in the end, when you take the circumference of the 20", you end up the same as 3.55 and 18"
Still sounds like something is up with yours to be getting mileage like that, unless your trailer is hauling a heavy load.

Originally Posted by freekyFX4
Me too! I have 4x4, 3.73's, and factory 20's. No problems at all. I really don't know why everyone thinks the 6.4 is troublesome. Other than the radiator issues, I think they have been pretty rock solid. The diesel tech at my local Ford dealer said that since most of the 6.0's are going out of warranty, they have actually slowed down and have a lot less work now. I love mine.
No troubles with ours so far, just over 19k miles since end of August. I took about a 40 mile highway trip today, reset the trip counter when I left and was getting mid 17's by the time I got there. Of course it dipped a bit once I hit the stop and go traffic in town. I just now had a regen and maybe lost .5 mpg when it was finished I was going WOT a lot though trying to see how fast I could finish the regen. Probably lasted a good 30 mins or so. But you know how negative guys can be over on TDS and PSN. Anything new they're ready to shoot down. And if one person has problems, everyone thinks they're junk.

So far I love it! It's been a great truck, just wish the seats in it were as comfortable as my F150's. Lucky 2011 owners will get those seats. Wonder if they're swappable!

Last edited by SFCFX4; 02-01-2010 at 09:20 PM.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:40 PM
No troubles with ours so far, just over 19k miles since end of August. I took about a 40 mile highway trip today, reset the trip counter when I left and was getting mid 17's by the time I got there. Of course it dipped a bit once I hit the stop and go traffic in town. I just now had a regen and maybe lost .5 mpg when it was finished I was going WOT a lot though trying to see how fast I could finish the regen. Probably lasted a good 30 mins or so. But you know how negative guys can be over on TDS and PSN. Anything new they're ready to shoot down. And if one person has problems, everyone thinks they're junk.

So far I love it! It's been a great truck, just wish the seats in it were as comfortable as my F150's. Lucky 2011 owners will get those seats. Wonder if they're swappable!

Yeah, that's what I think. Nobody likes change. Every time a newer model comes out, people want it to fail so they can proclaim that their older model is better. I have seen the posts where people have had problems, and most have modded the hell out of their truck with a DPF delete and a tune that adds over 300 hp, then they complain when things don't hold together. I love my truck and have 35 more payments until she's mine. I don't care how nice the newer ones are, having no truck payment will be much better.

Old 02-01-2010, 09:49 PM
Still sounds like something is up with yours to be getting mileage like that, unless your trailer is hauling a heavy load.
Plus I sometimes regen 5 times a week.

Old 02-01-2010, 11:16 PM
Plus I sometimes regen 5 times a week.
That's not right at all. How many miles do you put on it in a week?

Usually I see a regen every tank to every tank and a half, so every 600-900 miles, give or take.

Old 02-01-2010, 11:20 PM
Originally Posted by freekyFX4
Yeah, that's what I think. Nobody likes change. Every time a newer model comes out, people want it to fail so they can proclaim that their older model is better. I have seen the posts where people have had problems, and most have modded the hell out of their truck with a DPF delete and a tune that adds over 300 hp, then they complain when things don't hold together. I love my truck and have 35 more payments until she's mine. I don't care how nice the newer ones are, having no truck payment will be much better.
I hear that! 350hp and 650 lb.ft should be enough for anyone. Stand on the brakes and let the turbo spool up to 20lb. of boost and it'll show you just how much power it has lol! I'm hearing despite the urea on the new 6.7, it's actually proving to be pretty awesome from those who have been lucky enough to drive one, and getting in the 20's for mileage. Guess we'll see once they hit the road full force what they're made of.

Quick Reply: 2008 and up differences