F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Need Wheel sizing/fitment help

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 01:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Wheel sizing/fitment help

Hey, I'm trying to help my brother figure out what set up he is going to need to throw some new rims and rubber on his 08 F250. He's wanting to put 295/70R17s (either Toyo OCs or Nitto Trail Graps) on and wants the **** Cepek Torques for wheels. 18s were preferred but due to the useless tire pressure sensor, it would cost an additional 400-600$ to get a new sensor band for the larger wheel. So in short, my questions are:

a) Can he get away with just a 2" level kit with 2" axel spacers?
b) What offset/backspacing will keep the tire under the truck, flush with the fender?
c) Are we just going to have to pick a different wheel?

Here is link to the **** Cepek Torque specs. http://www.****cepek.com/wheels.php?item=Torque

Thanks

Old 03-15-2010, 06:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As long as the wheels you're getting are the same back spacing as your factory wheels the tires shouldn't rub, or stick out past the fenders at all. The 295/70R17s will fit without any kind of lift to the truck. I'm running 305/70R16s on my 99 with no lift and they don't even come close to rubbing anything. They don't stick out past the edge of the fenders either. The tire you picked is slightly taller, but narrower than what I run. Axle spacers are asking for trouble, forget that you even thought of them.

Quick Reply: Need Wheel sizing/fitment help