F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

F150 or SD Diesel?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 04:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by glc
It's a lot cheaper to regear and get a programmer than it is to get a whole new truck.
I know I know. I have a guy who's supposed to be buying my truck for 29k so if it goes through I'll have a decent amount to put down on an f-250. Just not sure I'll spend 55k. I may have to get a used 08 for around 35k or less.

And if it doesn't go through I'm putting 35's on it and lowering it an inch. I have the edge programmer on it now so with 35's i'll be good.

Old 08-06-2010, 10:05 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by HighOn22's
I'm not sure what an 18' closed in trailer weighs, but I know each 4 wheeler will weigh 600+ lbs, plus anything else in it. I have 3:73's still with 37" tires so would have to regear for sure to 4:88s. I'm sure I wouldn't get but 6-8mpg towing that much weight.
I have a 4.6L, I'm towing a 24ft v-nose enclosed trailer, 7000lbs with equipment. I'm getting 10-12mpg on the highway. I tow it very frequently, so in that way it's not ideal. But you're talking a 5000lb +/- set-up, you're well in-side your half-ton territory for a weekend warrior.

Old 08-15-2010, 03:00 PM
Suspended
i love my f250 over my old f150. parking it IMO is not any harder

my dad just sold his 1/2 ton a couple weeks back and got a 2010 f250. his reasoning was he now has to drive a 100 miles a day for his new job. towing our boat back and forth between alabama his 150 got 10.4 miles per gallon and just didn't have any power left over to do much.

Old 08-15-2010, 09:40 PM
Sounds like your friend needs to learn his priorities.

Get out of your parents' freakin' house before you buy a brand new $50,000 plus vehicle. I see people "like this" all the time. A new, lifted diesel on big mud tires or a new Charger or Tahoe on 20's... Parked right next to their ****ty mobile home/trailer. Ridiculous/Stupid.

Old 08-16-2010, 12:29 AM
Suspended
I'm confused why people care so much when it's not their money or problem.

Simple matter of fact is so many don't need a truck or as big of a truck they have right here on this very forum, what's the big deal if a kid want's his real life tonka truck?

Some people buy them with no real use in mind and get rid of them after they're done with "playing" with it and see the real cost of ownership, other's will keep them regardless of the cost because they want them bad enough even without a legitimate need.

Old 08-16-2010, 12:55 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 260 Likes on 251 Posts
Originally Posted by MudTerrain
Sounds like your friend needs to learn his priorities.

Get out of your parents' freakin' house before you buy a brand new $50,000 plus vehicle. I see people "like this" all the time. A new, lifted diesel on big mud tires or a new Charger or Tahoe on 20's... Parked right next to their ****ty mobile home/trailer. Ridiculous/Stupid.
I've tried explaining this to him. I think it's sad that he's still living with Mommy and Daddy, and has his college degree, has college loans everywhere, and wants to spend a kazzilion dollars on some stupid truck.

If I were him, I'd focus my priorities on finding a good paying job, get out of those student loans, and get a house.

Heck, I own a house, and owning a house take some real responsibility. He thinks it's not a big deal. I just wish I could hand him the keys while I go on a month long vacation and see what I come back to. Probably my house will look like a trash can.

Originally Posted by dlenkewich
I'm confused why people care so much when it's not their money or problem.

Simple matter of fact is so many don't need a truck or as big of a truck they have right here on this very forum, what's the big deal if a kid want's his real life tonka truck?

Some people buy them with no real use in mind and get rid of them after they're done with "playing" with it and see the real cost of ownership, other's will keep them regardless of the cost because they want them bad enough even without a legitimate need.
It's not the fact that it's money... it's the fact about the stupidity. I keep telling him... one of these days Mommy and Daddy aren't going to be there giving you whatever you want. Somehow he doesn't believe me.

Oh well.

Old 08-16-2010, 03:08 AM
Suspended
Perhaps it's jealousy or envy that causes you to try to put yourself up while putting him down.

Everyone knows someone in your friends situation, doesn't change the fact that its worthless to concern yourself over something so petty.

Old 08-18-2010, 07:38 PM
Tell him to get the truck!

That way, when the 'rents pull the money plug, he'll have something that can tow his house around.

Quick Reply: F150 or SD Diesel?