F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

manual 4wd front hubs

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 10:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
manual 4wd front hubs

Alright, so last year I ended up blowing $300 bucks on a front hub, and was told that If it was taken care of It wouldve lasted. Obviously want to keep the new one and the old one in working order. What exactly should be done to maintain them? The new one turns easy but the old one requires a pair of pliers, but still works. Can they be lubed with something? thanks!

Old 08-29-2010, 10:27 PM
Originally Posted by 05lifted50
Alright, so last year I ended up blowing $300 bucks on a front hub, and was told that If it was taken care of It wouldve lasted. Obviously want to keep the new one and the old one in working order. What exactly should be done to maintain them? The new one turns easy but the old one requires a pair of pliers, but still works. Can they be lubed with something? thanks!
You can take them apart and grease them. Google it. Next time, spend the $180 on Warn hubs and be done with it.

Old 08-30-2010, 08:20 PM
Or you can spend $10 and have true manual hubs. If you're offroading alot then the warns would be worth it, but if you're like me where you only use 4x4 for occasional winter use then they're not worth it. Any stock hub from a D50 or D60 axle all the way back to the 70s will fit. I can buy them for $5 or $10 a pair depending on which salvage yard I go to. I put them on my F250 3 years ago and they were flawless for $10.

I already miss that feature on my Dodge

Quick Reply: manual 4wd front hubs