Project Mean Green

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 11:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice choice of trans..

Old 09-30-2010, 03:09 PM
Originally Posted by taterthedog
If you were close you could have them. They are not worth shipping. I'll probably take them to the dump.

yeah I figured as much... the passenger side one on my truck is broke and the wife can't get in.....

wouldn't happen to be around Kenora, ON would you? headed up for a hunting trip in 2 weeks LMAO Like I have that kind of luck....

Old 09-30-2010, 08:48 PM
Originally Posted by formermoparman
yeah I figured as much... the passenger side one on my truck is broke and the wife can't get in.....

wouldn't happen to be around Kenora, ON would you? headed up for a hunting trip in 2 weeks LMAO Like I have that kind of luck....
What luck! That is just a quick 35 hour drive from here! LOL!
Oh well. When my wife couldn't get into one of my trucks, I gave her a milk carton and a piece of rope.

Old 10-20-2010, 06:12 PM
Last night Mean Green moved under her own power for the first time since I got her. Need to get it registered and insured now so I can give it a proper road test. I'll try to get some updated pics up by this weekend.

Old 10-20-2010, 11:04 PM
Good looking truck! I always loved the way the 7.3's sounded. Best exhaust mod, straight pipe in my opinion. Also one of the cheapest.

Old 10-20-2010, 11:20 PM
Global Moderator &
Administrator
Contributor
Super Moderator
Received 136 Likes on 113 Posts
man thats a clogged fins on the cooler, any after cleaning pics?

what all are you tracking in the log?
  • hours spent
  • cost
  • number of beers consumed
  • etc

Old 10-21-2010, 05:57 PM
Originally Posted by nrd10
Good looking truck! I always loved the way the 7.3's sounded. Best exhaust mod, straight pipe in my opinion. Also one of the cheapest.
Thanks, I'm a straight pipe man myself. I'll probably go with some stacks and no mufflers on this truck.

Old 10-21-2010, 06:01 PM
Originally Posted by Patman03SprCrw
man thats a clogged fins on the cooler, any after cleaning pics?

what all are you tracking in the log?
  • hours spent
  • cost
  • number of beers consumed
  • etc
I don't think I took an after pic of the cooler. It was clean though. Pressure washed on the outside and then flushed the inside for 11 hours.

The log is for my garage in general. What work I did on what, and when I did it. No cost of anything, though, the wife could find it.

Old 10-21-2010, 08:21 PM
Originally Posted by taterthedog
Thanks, I'm a straight pipe man myself. I'll probably go with some stacks and no mufflers on this truck.
Straight pipes do sound good but mine drones a little bit but its really bad when I am towing our 5er.

Old 10-21-2010, 10:51 PM
Don't do stacks... Please?

My truck doesn't drone much (4" dp, 5" exhaust, no muffler, 6" tip), it gets loud at about 2200 RPM going up a hill but thats about it. I just turn up the radio.

Old 10-23-2010, 12:56 AM
Originally Posted by Zaairman
Don't do stacks... Please?
Not planning to go with normal stacks. More along the lines of a Cat D11R than a Peterbuilt. It will be low profile and funtional, I'm not real big on bling.

Old 10-23-2010, 10:15 PM
Some update pics....

Well the truck is all back together and mobile. Got my plates and insurance now. Tonight I fixed the airbag light that was coming on, and installed a 200amp glow plug relay.
Here are some pics.

Thats a pail of Shaeffer's supreme alltrans synthetic transmission fluid. It's what Brian's Truck Shop recommends. I had to special order it. Stuff like that is not readily available up here. The trans took 19 quarts.

Removing the restrictive Intake Air Heater.

Here's the intake heater delete plug from Riffraff Diesel installed with an Isspro turbo boost sensor in it. You can also get the plug with no boost sensor port.

Old 10-23-2010, 10:21 PM
more..

Heres the new glow plug relay. It's rated for 200amps. Glow plugs are very important in this climate, as are block heaters.

Here's a pic of the relay installed. It's a bit bigger but still fits with a bit of trimming to the base.

The relay just to the front of the glow plug relay is for the intake air heater. I took the output wire off it and will probably get rid of it all together later on.

Old 10-25-2010, 11:25 PM
Tonight I got my 3 gauges installed and wired up.
I also swapped out the CD player to the factory one that came out of my wifes 02. The one in the truck was skipping on gravel road. It also had the retainer broken, so I had to remove the dash panel to get it out. Since I was in that far I replaced a few burnt bulbs in the A/C controls.

Been driving this truck a couple days now and everything seems good. Lots of power, trans shifting good, and the heater works well. Looks like it may have been 1500 bucks well spent!

I'll post some pics of the gauges later for anyone that's interested.

Old 10-26-2010, 11:19 PM
Here's a picture of the gauges installed.

Here's what they look like lit up. There is a **** next to the steering column to adjust the lights independantly from the dimmer switch.

I also put is some fog light bulbs tonight. I went with 9005 Silverstars. Quite a bit brighter (and whiter in color) than the stockers.

Quick Reply: Project Mean Green