F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Stupid GM "Max and Al Ads"

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 09:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stupid GM "Max and Al Ads"

I really hope this game changer EcoBoost stuffs it down GM's throat. Ford could use some absolutely, undoubted, in your face, extremely better than anyone elses success. I know Mike Rowe gets old fast with other brand owners, but after looking at GM's ads ripping on the new Powerstroke (which I am mostly a diesel fanatic) my blood boils. Their ads are pure bull with no weight.

All GM has done is bang away at the 6.7L being new and brag about their 20 billion miles and ten years of running the same "old and end of it's life cycle" engine. If I recall, there are about five ads where GM justs rags on the new Powerstroke with no real support. They are almost like "I'm gonna tell my Mom if you don't stop" type ads. Come on GM. Stop acting like school girls. If you are going to dis the competition, lets see what technology you have that makes the competition weak. The EcoBoost seems to be doing just that.

Ford has worked at proving it. The EcoBoost ads don't dis the competition, they show why the Eco is superior. Any of the other ads, like with the 6.7L Stroke/Superduty, show why the Oval has overcome... not by kicking sand on their competitors shoes. Many of GM's attributes are copies of Fords... like the boxed frame, anti-sway control, integrated brake control, etc. These are a few of what GM just added. Okay, okay... I understand. I'm off my soap box.

Old 12-02-2010, 09:34 AM
I saw those add last night and was lauging at them because they are such BS.

Old 12-03-2010, 01:33 AM
All VERY true and even though GM cut ties with Mitsibishi 2yrs or so ago. The Duramax is still not a completely in house designed motor like the 6.7 Powerstroke is. They just keep retreading it hoping to stay in the game.

Old 12-03-2010, 02:16 AM
i think theyre funny

Old 12-03-2010, 08:34 AM
Originally Posted by jdlowesracer
All VERY true and even though GM cut ties with Mitsibishi 2yrs or so ago. The Duramax is still not a completely in house designed motor like the 6.7 Powerstroke is. They just keep retreading it hoping to stay in the game.
I'm sure the engine are from Isuzu and not Mitsubishi.

Old 12-03-2010, 09:00 AM
Originally Posted by °°Pat°°
I'm sure the engine are from Isuzu and not Mitsubishi.
CORRECT! it is ISUZU not MITSUBISHI

Old 12-03-2010, 09:46 AM
Suspended
It's like the old Pepsi and Coke-a-Cola.

Pepsi always slams Coke, Coke never slams back. In the end I tend to prefer Coke, maybe because they aren't bickering like a child about Pepsi.

With vehicle ad's it just seems to be the nature of the beast.

Quick Reply: Stupid GM "Max and Al Ads"