F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

2008 F250 Lift Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 01:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 F250 Lift Suggestions

Hey guys i sold my 06 F250 and just bought an 08 F250 CC SWB FX4 with the 6.4, on my 06 i had a 8" rough country lift with 8" rear rough country leaf springs on 38" Nitto trail grapplers and 24" rockstars and it rode like a brick, one of the main reasons i sold it. Im wanting to lift my new one around 8"s with 37s on 24s. What lift is going to keep the factory like ride? Im not looking to spend alot of money like on a kelderman air ride but do have some to spend. So please give me your feedback.

Thanks

Old 01-31-2011, 09:13 AM
Check out the Rize lifts i heard they ride good but anything on 24s isnt going to ride good i had 37s on 24s an it rode rough, but i dont know any other lift thats going to make that big of difference when it comes to riding conditions. good luck bro

Old 01-31-2011, 07:11 PM

I think it will mostly depend on your shock setup. Any serious amount of lift is going to ride rougher then stock. Welcome to the world of solid axle front suspension

Old 01-31-2011, 07:48 PM
I rode in benbou's(on PSN) truck (Jesse's old truck). It has the 8" Rize with Icon shocks up front and FOX shocks in the rear along with a leaf pack. It rode really good for a lifted truck. It wan't much worse than a factory truck. He's been trying to sell the lift. If he still has it when I lift mine I will probably get it and try to drop it down to a 6" or 7" lift. If I don't go that route I will go with the 7" ICON 4-link. From what I've read, for the price ICON 4-link is on top then BDS 4-link.

Old 01-31-2011, 08:03 PM
I dont know much about the super duty, but id say a lot of it has to do with 24's. Thats a lot of weight to bounce around. I know my truck is different, but my ride changed dramatically with my aftermarket 20's from my aftermarket winter crappers. the winter crappers ride nicer, they are 17's on a 35. and not as heavy. as my other setup. Not sure if that has anything to do with it or not..

Old 02-05-2011, 12:19 AM
Originally Posted by HighOn22's
I rode in benbou's(on PSN) truck (Jesse's old truck). It has the 8" Rize with Icon shocks up front and FOX shocks in the rear along with a leaf pack. It rode really good for a lifted truck. It wan't much worse than a factory truck. He's been trying to sell the lift. If he still has it when I lift mine I will probably get it and try to drop it down to a 6" or 7" lift. If I don't go that route I will go with the 7" ICON 4-link. From what I've read, for the price ICON 4-link is on top then BDS 4-link.
Ya i saw benbou wasn't selling his lift anymore, it seems like he is selling everything that jesse did to that truck? I think im definately going with the 8" Pure Performance desert race lift with the coilovers in the front. That icon kit your looking at is also really nice, im still undecided between that and the pure performance.

Old 02-05-2011, 12:34 AM
Drdudsads
Go with a four link setup, Icon is the top of the game for superduties and lifting. The one you listed is a nice kit and seems to fit the bill. Your problem is with the 24" wheels, step down to a 20,22" rim and it will ride so much better if you have the same setup on both trucks! As more sidewall and a better ride as the suspension will take the heavy hits, while the sidewall will take the small bumps and such.

Trending Topics

Old 02-05-2011, 10:32 AM
Originally Posted by Desert Racer
Go with a four link setup, Icon is the top of the game for superduties and lifting. The one you listed is a nice kit and seems to fit the bill. Your problem is with the 24" wheels, step down to a 20,22" rim and it will ride so much better if you have the same setup on both trucks! As more sidewall and a better ride as the suspension will take the heavy hits, while the sidewall will take the small bumps and such.
Ya the pure performance kit is 4link, Im really partial to 24s, i love the big rim look. Hopefully with this kit it will ride better than my last truck and i can still go with 24s.

Quick Reply: 2008 F250 Lift Suggestions