F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

thinking long and hard....

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 09:25 PM
Technical Article Contributor
Contributor
Received 260 Likes on 251 Posts
Originally Posted by Desert Racer
Find a clean 2006 or 2007 F250/F350 and run a Oasis Report on it. They are hit or miss on the 6.0 yet the older years seem to have they bugs worked out of them for the most part.

I have and seen a few people get new 2011 F150 with the 6.5ft bed fully loaded trucks, with max. tow package and think that they are superduties. They tell me oh I can tow this or that, I smile and say yup. Once you drive a PSD or any of the big three diesels you most likely will not won't to go back to a gasser truck. At least that is me and my take on it.
Ditto. I've driven diesel buses and even facilities vehicles where I work that are diesel. They are amazing... especially for plowing. Plowing is a joke. They just keep going, and they don't care what is in front of them.

I'd love to own a diesel again... I once did, but it was broke and broke my bank. So I am holding off for a couple years and see how the new ones are holding up. But the problem is, like the 7.3 PS was out for such a long time, now Ford is changing the diesel engine like every 3 to 4 years, it makes it really hard to buy a new one without comparision.

Old 02-04-2011, 01:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FL4X4
If you want a nice tow truck that is rock reliable just find yourself a clean 7.3
Love my 03.

Quick Reply: thinking long and hard....